Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download autodesk sketchbook on my pc

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
5727 Views, 9 Replies

Can't download autodesk sketchbook on my pc

Hello!!

So I've been very happy hearing about how sketchbook is now free and will soon be getting a drawing tablet so I can start doing digital art. I have a pc and I tried installing Autodesk sketchbook on the Microsoft store but I couldn't open it. Apparently  I needed to have specific requirements on my pc for me to open the sketchbook app. 

I hope I can receive help to fix this problem so I can be able to draw digitally ! Thank you~

sketchbook prob 1.PNGsketchbook prob 2.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

So it sounds like your machine doesn't meet the min requirements.  What is your machine specs?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
pendean

Like the error states, you need to have Windows10-64bit installed, not WIndows 32bit, before you can use that app.

Read this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15056/windows-7-32-64-bit-faq

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Microsoft Store won't download apps to a Windows 10 PC (64) for a lot of people. Makes no sense but I can not download anything from the Microsoft Store. I click on "Get It" and nothing happens. This has been going on for ages despite multiple emails to Microsoft and 1000's of user complaints. Very frustrating.

Message 5 of 10
leowarren34

Have you tried installing from Autodesk AVA?

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Thanks Leo. Didn't know what AVA was (have since found out). I was able to download Sketchbook through an alternate download site that bypasses Microsoft Store (thankfully). All's good now. Just love Sketchbook. Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

Mark

Message 7 of 10
leowarren34

Anytime, happy to help, I should have known better to fully type out Autodesk Virtual Agent rather than AVA...

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi! I'm having the same problem... where did you find the app?? Can you help me? thanks

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Here: https://sketchbook.com/thankyou

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I just went to sketchbook.com and clicked on download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report