Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install on Windows 10

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
eric.chyou
1374 Views, 8 Replies

Can not install on Windows 10

Hi,

I am using windows 10 64-bit system which I got a few weeks ago. I'm trying to download AutoCAD 2018/2017/2016 and Revit 2017/2016. However, they all fail at installation. I have tried all three ways to download, through and without virtual agent, turned off UAC, cleared temp files, turned off firewall, turned off smartscreen, ran as admin, used the admin account to install. All of them failed. For the download now method, the autodesk download manager would abort with error 0x250000ff. For browser download method, the self-extractor would disappear before it starts to extract. The only method that got me the closest was the install now method. However, it always stops around when the library is being installed then it'd turn into installation complete product fail. I have attached the log along with this post. PLEASE HELP!!! If you have anything more question please let me know thank you so much.

Eric

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Darin.Green
in reply to: eric.chyou

@eric.chyou

Go Here and find the link to download your 2018 software:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-2018-direct-download-links-until-avai...

Download the other versions of the software from the Autodesk Virtual Agent

• Once there, use Download Links and navigate to the application you need to download.

NOTE: If there are multiple parts for the download, you'll need to click each part to download them, once they are downloaded double-click Part1 (which will automatically extract the remaining parts) to begin the installation.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9
Darin.Green

@eric.chyou

Also, you want to install the software in order from oldest to latest (2016 =>  2018)...

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9
eric.chyou
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thank you for replying so swiftly. But it came out the same (from the links you sent me). The self-extractor would disappear when its still initializing under no firewall, no UAC, no smartscreen and ran as admin.

Eric

Message 5 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @eric.chyou,

Have you conducted a Clean Uninstall of the program and used MSfixitTool to complete the uninstall? 

This issue could be due to a Windows 10 Creators Update. In one case a uninstall and reinstall the Visual C++ Runtime Libraries had resolved the issue. 

Also uninstalling & reinstalling the latest supported Visual ++ redistributable files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 

Then there is rolling back the update if it was applied. Let us know how it turns out. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 9
eric.chyou
in reply to: natasha.l

No it did not work. I tried this several times before as well...

Message 7 of 9
Mark.Lancaster

@eric.chyou

Disable your antivirus system, make sure your destination is set to a local drive, copy the unpacked exe to a local folder, unplug or disconnect from network and start the (unpacked) exe with a right-click ==> "start as administrator".   Also make sure the destination volume has enough free space.  Another issue that's related to this issue is not having the correct file size for the downloads.  Download all of the part files from the virtual agent and then show the size so we can compare them to ensure they are the correct size.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @eric.chyou,

Please let us know if you are still having an issue. Feel free to come back and ask more questions or the provide the latest error you see. 

If the issue is resolved, please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Thank you. 

Message 9 of 9
eric.chyou
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi,

Since "install now" method is the only method I have. When i turned off the internet the installation wouldn't even start. Please take a look at my earlier posts for what happens if i use other methods.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report