Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download the Update 4 for Maya 2018 Student Version?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
laurencarrollart
1460 Views, 4 Replies

Can I download the Update 4 for Maya 2018 Student Version?

Hi!

I am having some errors with my current Maya 2018 and have been recommended to install the newest Update 4 to resolve these issues. However I have the student version - am I still allowed to download it? If so, where can I properly download the most recent update as of 9-28-18?

Thank you!!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@laurencarrollart

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Students are entitled to updates.   The proper way of updating your product is to access your Autodesk Account, locate your product, expand it and select add-ons and updates.  Find the update, download it and apply it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Question when you're downloading the update in the details it said that this is a full product install of Maya, even though I going through the update in the student version. Does it change it to a full version or does it stay as a student version? I am updating my Maya 2018 to update 6.

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Software download is just software download.   Activation using your serial # puts the software in student/educational mode.  For you it will still be a student version as long as you're currently signed up and attending a qualified educational institution: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/education-program/who-can-join/eligibility-edu-institutions

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Ah ok, don't worry, just wondering if it was possible, the only reason I wanted to know is that I am having issues with my Maya crashing when playing animation and then I move a controller it would move out of place and then when I let go it would crash and I thought updating it to the latest version would help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report