Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrowing license for specific suite version

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ewakaczorowskaEYZ45
310 Views, 6 Replies

Borrowing license for specific suite version

We've a few seats for Infrastructure Suite Unlimited. And we have a few users that need to borrow a license for extended period of time. Only those users use the 2017 version suite so I was wondering if there is an option to extend the borrowing time just for 2017 version

Currently we have the below set up.

#Set max borrow period for all Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate (xxx0IDSU_F)
MAX_BORROW_HOURS xxxx0IDSU_F 72

When parse the network file and search for the IDS I get only serial numbers that end with 0F

Could I add all the individual versions of the suite, eg xxx04IDSU_2017_0F , xxIDSU_2016_0F  and set different borrowing time for each year?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@ewakaczorowskaEYZ45

A couple of things..

The syntax you have for borrowing is incorrect.  That information is only applicable with single point products like AutoCAD or Inventor or Revit.  When it comes to suites you have to do this.

10-25-2016 7-21-59 AM.jpg

Now to your other question..  That could be a yes or no answer.

If you have an active maintenance/multi-user plan for your suites, than the borrow cannot be just for a given year version since the entitlement to use other (yearly) version is under the maintenance/subscription plan.  Meaning when you borrow you can borrow the current version or one of the 3 legacy versions.  Doesn't mean if I have 1 license of a suite and I'm entitled to 3 legacy versions.  I can't borrow 2 different year versions of that suite.  Its still 1 license.

But if you have a perpetual license not on a maintenance in your network license, then you can borrow that year version (or increment) separately from another listing in the license file.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7

Thank you Mark. You have added the group name? could I set different borrowing time per group for the suite.

We have the maintenance/multi-user plan 😞

Message 4 of 7

Mark,

I have set up like : MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85810IDSU_F SIGN="1682 2062 B95F 2D70 6F29 3886 010E D3CB \
 6A7A 4D87 6734 F193 E573 0EB0 A7ED 08DB 3513 D589 B675 E634 \
 5684 03EF 2D19 D118 1FC9 BBD6 633C 2542 D93D 4B5A" SIGN2="08F6 \
 F7C1 A3FD 6BEA 6747 4E13 6D21 F1E0 87AE 3D3D E291 B902 D7D9 \
 94D3 98F0 0275 B556 A59E A202 DF9C 1632 DCF2 B584 3D1E 0D69 \
 8FA0 EAB3 7D16 11C7 A701" 72

can I add a groups and different borrowing times for them?

PS. We had this settings for a long time  and it seems to work. what exactly is the difference.

Message 5 of 7

Unfortunately you cannot set a group to the MAX_BORROW_HOURS and then set different groups to have different borrow hours.  It's just not that granular.  It's all or none on that front. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7

Thank you, it is what I was expecting.  Can you please point me to a further documentation on modifying the opt file for suites.  I've tired searching but could not find anything generic. I would like to understand if a specific product within the suite could be restricted, etc..

Message 7 of 7

@ewakaczorowskaEYZ45

This is the only information that Autodesk has but like I said its not updated for suite and collection products.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report