Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrowed License trapped on laptop

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Joe-Bouza
324 Views, 1 Reply

Borrowed License trapped on laptop

This week has been quite an adventure borrowing licenses getting hardware to work but I digress.

I borrowed a license and the laptop proved to be inadequate to run c3d, so I dragged my workstation to the remote location. IT is getting me remotely connected to our server so I can swap the borrowed license. Return the laptop and then borrow on the workstation.

Unfortunately, the install on the laptop went bad. As an aside, the secondary installer continuously running on installations with insufficient rights is kind of bogus. I get I have to have administrative rights to install but then when logged on as a typical user the secondary installer keeps running with every launch because every user needs administrative rights! whats up with that? I'm assuming uninstalling all the software isn't going to get the license back. True?

Enough of that; to my point:

Now that the install is dead on the laptop I cannot surrender the license. How do I recover the license? our company cannot afford to have two licenses out for a single user?

api failure.PNG

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza,

With your application dead, you cannot return the license by conventional methods.  You can clear it from your registry, but that doesn't help you from the server end.  I can help you on that front, but we need to do this offline.  Send me a PM.

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report