Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Batch File for Map3D .lnk shortcut install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
452 Views, 4 Replies

Batch File for Map3D .lnk shortcut install

I have created a AutoCAD Map 3D deployment and am now trying to create a .bat file that launches the shortcut.lnk file in order to kickoff the install. From my understanding, the .lnk should run all the parameters to include the .ini files. The examples below partially work in that they acknowledge the path and launch the .lnk. However, halfway through the install the launch just stops (no error messages or anything). I have to manually go to the .lnk location and double-click the .lnk order for the install to run all the way through without stopping. The script runs with admin privleges so I don't know what the issue could be.

I have tried:

call "C:\Windows\tmp\apps\autocadmap3d2015.lnk"

And I have also tried:

start C:\Windows\tmp\apps\autocadmap3d2015.lnk

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried to send a start to the UNC path shortcut?  Did you create your deployment correctly? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes I have tried the UNC path shortcut. My deployment is created correctly because without the script, it runs all the way through and installs it onto the PC like it should. 

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Then try calling the shortcut with RunDLL:

rundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "C:\Windows\tmp\apps\autocadmap3d2015.lnk"

rundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "C:\Windows\tmp\apps\autocadmap3d2015.lnk"

The pathing has to be absolute, as relative pathing no longer works.  I tried this and was able to call shortcuts from the command prompt.  Should work for you too.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I ran the script you suggested. The install began and then quit same as before. It manages to install three components before quitting: Exchange app manager, AutoCAD reporting tool, AutoCAD BIM 360. Once BIM 360 is installed it then stops.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report