Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault - Autodesk license server is temporarily unavailable

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dsl145
1016 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Vault - Autodesk license server is temporarily unavailable

I've just gotten Vault 2018 Server Installed on the server and Vault 2018 Client installed on my computer and when I open up the Vault 2018 Client for the first time (and click on the button to put in my activation keys, I get the attached error message.

Now... I do have internet, and I've even disabled all possible anti-virus firewall things that would be stopping it. But I still can't get it to work.

I've also posted the issue onto the forum and they recommended i contact support.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/autodesk-license-server-is-temporarily-unavailable/m-p/71...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
natasha.l
in reply to: dsl145

Hello @dsl145,

It is true that we had an account-related issue last week. It seems to be fine today, try Resetting and Changing Your Autodesk Account Password 

Let us know if you still have an issue accessing your subscription product. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 8
dsl145
in reply to: natasha.l

It was still not working when I posted this today... So I still don't have
a solution. I'll try again tomorrow morning.
Message 4 of 8
dsl145

It was still not working when I posted this today... So I still don't have
a solution. I'll try again tomorrow morning.
Message 5 of 8
dsl145

The program is still not working, and I'm not convinced that changing my autodesk account password would do anything since Vault wouldn't have anything to do with my autodesk account yet. I haven't gotten Vault to open AT ALL since it's been installed; and it seems to be hanging up on entering an activation key. I have the key... but it's giving the error message before I even get a chance to enter it.

Message 6 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@dsl145

Did you ever contact support as indicated in that other posting?   User's on this forum cannot solve issues with your Autodesk Account or issues related to Autodesk infrastructure.   I assume you have looked at the related Autodesk Articles like this one.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 8
dsl145
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I'll be contacting support today since the forum is likely not going to be the solution for this. Thanks to everyone who tried to help at least.

I've instructed our IT department to go through the instructions on the link you sent me. fingers crossed on that as well.

Regards,

Danny 

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@dsl145

You marked my reply as a solution..  Did the article (or link provided) resolve the issue?  Just trying to get a clarification in-case another user comes along and has the same issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report