Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation CFD for Students

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
clauserje2
22387 Views, 12 Replies

Autodesk Simulation CFD for Students

HI i  will like to know  where  can i download  de  CDF simulator  for  students, and  which  are  the steps  for  the  common  error  that  i see  that  come  with the  installation

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
natasha.l
in reply to: clauserje2

Hello @clauserje2,

The products listed in this link are all the products available to students Free Student Software. Simulation Mechanical & CFD are listed.  

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@clauserje2

Also for the future..  Please only post once and not in different areas.  This leads to different conversation and pulling you in different directions.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 13
clauserje2
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

ok,  yes,  but  then  so  i can`t download , is available? , according to the screenshots i  attach what  should  i do then beacuse is not letting me to get it in tryal   version , im confused,  best  regards

Message 5 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @clauserje2,

Have you tried to go to your Educational Community account and selected the product you are trying to download & install. 

Please review this post I created showing you how you need access to the product first by visiting your account Steps for Setting-Up Student Software.

Go through this step.

student_software_options.png

Double posting...please refrain. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 13
joh13399
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello, I notice that CFD is no longer listed in the free student software portion. Has CFD merged with inventor, or are they still separate products?

Message 7 of 13
leowarren34
in reply to: joh13399

Hi @joh13399,

They are still separate products - CFD still has a commercial page: https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/cfd/subscribe#:~:text=Autodesk%20CFD%20is%20a%20computational,in....

However, I'm yet to see it in Inventor, leading me to believe they have removed it but I'll ping @natasha.l and @amanda.k to see if they know.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 8 of 13
natasha.l
in reply to: joh13399

Hello @joh13399

The education community offers CFD Ultimate to educational institutions, so it is not offered to students & educators on individual devices. 

Please review the information provided here on the education community site, to see it falls under class/lab.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 13
crb596

@natasha.l I am also a student and am doing work on hydrofoil design. Is there any software currently accessible to students that can preform similar simulations since CFD is not available for individual student projects?

Message 10 of 13
joh13399

@natasha.l  is this a new policy? I seem to remember using CFD to one of my on-campus clubs 1-2 years ago.

Message 11 of 13
brutusx23

Good morning,
I am a student at the University of Technology in Koszalin. I study energy. I need access to the Autodesk Simulation CFD program. In this program, I want to carry out the research needed to pass the project. Therefore, I would like to ask for a student's licence. Please contact me by email: brutusx23@gmail.com.
Yours sincerely
Mateusz P.

Message 12 of 13
leowarren34
in reply to: brutusx23

Hi @brutusx23,

Autodesk CFD is only available to academic institutions so ask your University to License it for you who can provide you with a serial number.

Autodesk doesn't provide serial numbers on the forums and for security reasons you really should avoid putting your email on public forums.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 13 of 13
mdavis22569

Use the following if you need CFD ... 

https://www.autodesk.com/products/cfd/free-trial

https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&page=1

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report