Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2020

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
TravisNave
18232 Views, 13 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2020

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing an updated version 11.16.2.0 for 2020 products.  It is advised that you update this and any 3rd party Flexera versions that you may be running to this release or newer. 

NOTE:  If you do not update with the 2020 release, you may get a 0.0.0 error. 

For detailed installation instructions see this link:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/install-and-configure...

Just like the last couple of years and moving forward, the License Manager files are no longer available for direct download from Flexera.  Per their new policy, you must obtain the license manager from your software vendor.  You can download the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/get-ready-network-lic...

You can update your license file to 2020 versions from your Autodesk Accounts page once your Subscription has been updated.  Note: Just because the Autodesk product has been released, there is no guarantee that your Subscription has been updated yet.

Autodesk Product Keys for all versions can also be found here.

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

https://register.autodesk.com and from the new Autodesk Accounts page at https://accounts.autodesk.com

Or you can contact your Value-Added Reseller for assistance. You can locate your VAR here:

http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/locate-a-reselle​r

Note:  To update your license file, you will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new/current license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/quick-start-guide-for-configuring-lmtools/m-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

Though the latest version provided by Autodesk at the time of this post is 11.16.2.0, the most current version from Flexera is 11.16.2.1.  I am providing that here (zipped at bottom) for convenience and will be testing the 2020 product with it as well as with the magical 11.7 version.  I will post my results here. 

For best results, you should always run the latest lmgrd.exe and combine license managers if other vendors also use the license manager.  The latest lmgrd.exe is backwards compatible with vendors supporting versions back to 9.2.  It's also good to note that you should NOT mix and match 32-bit and 64-bit versions as LMTOOLS cannot see the services created on mixed architectures. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14
Dazzman

I take it that we will just have to wait to see if we still get the current plus five previous products under the network license, or if they go back to the current plus three as it used to be back in the old days?

Message 4 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: Dazzman

Almost certainly.  Smiley LOL

Autodesk Forums:
Message 5 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Dazzman

@Dazzman 

Not sure if it was a fluke or not..   But just generated a license file for AutoCAD 2020 this morning and it went all the back to AutoCAD 2015.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

UPDATE:  After some testing today with 2020, I can confirm that the LIC file does go back to 2015.  I can also confirm that the old magical version of 11.7 does not work anymore.   AutoCAD 2020 errors out with 0.0.0 when using 11.7 adskflex but works fine on 11.16.  I tested on two machines, Windows 10 & Windows 7 both remotely and locally.  I did also find a very odd software bug on Windows 10 that does not appear to be replicated on Windows 7.  For security reasons, I cannot discuss that bug publically. 

Also, I noticed that even though I did a custom install of AutoCAD 2020, not selecting to install the Autodesk App, it still installed the Autodesk Desktop App anyway.  I do not approve.  Smiley LOL

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 14
Dazzman

I believe that Autodesk consider the selection issue to be a feature, well that’s what they told me when I went back to them a few years ago and said the items selected for a local installation installed what was selected but then when checking the same box and creating a network deployment they did not. Apparently, the developers were aware of the “feature” and would consider resolving it sometime in the future and the years just roll on by Smiley LOL

Would it be possible to get a PM regarding the security issue with Windows 10 and 2020, it’s just that I look after a team of ADN Developers who are eager to get 2020 installed and I wouldn’t want to upset them?

Message 8 of 14
kjbusacker

@TravisNave wrote:

Though the latest version provided by Autodesk at the time of this post is 11.16.2.0, the most current version from Flexera is 11.16.2.1.  I am providing that here (zipped at bottom) for convenience and will be testing the 2020 product with it as well as with the magical 11.7 version.  I will post my results here. 

For best results, you should always run the latest lmgrd.exe and combine license managers if other vendors also use the license manager.  The latest lmgrd.exe is backwards compatible with vendors supporting versions back to 9.2.  It's also good to note that you should NOT mix and match 32-bit and 64-bit versions as LMTOOLS cannot see the services created on mixed architectures. 

Good Luck!

So Travis, did you complete your testing of NLM 11.6.2.1 with Autodesk 2020 products, and all is ok? I would like to update NLM from 11.16.2.0 before loading our 2020 licenses.

Message 9 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: kjbusacker

Yes, I tested it with AutoCAD 2020 and 2017 and it worked fine.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 14
timsparks6941

Travis,

Thanks for the files.  I assume if I am running 11.14.1.3 all I need to do is copy over the new exe's, or is an install required of 11.16.2.0 and then copy over the 11.16.2.1 exe's?

With the new 11.16, is there a new NLRS?  I can't find anything that says anything about it.

Tim

Message 11 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: timsparks6941

Yep, just overwrite the 4 .exes and you're in business. Nothing else
has changed. With any luck, you'll be up and running in 12 seconds!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 14
timsparks6941

Just stop NLRS then NLM services,,,copy the files over and restart NLM then NLRS?

Sorry to be so granular.  I should not need to get users out, correct?

Message 13 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: timsparks6941

Correct. As long as the service doesn't stay down for more than about 6
minutes, the clients shouldn't know any better. I update mine live all the
time.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 14
netadminEZDES

Thanks for this post and for the ZIP files!  I wasn't able to get our AutoCAD 2020 network license to work correctly until I upgraded Flexera LMTOOLS to the latest version (11.16.2.1).  Your files did the trick!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report