Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2018

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
TravisNave
18457 Views, 40 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2018

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version... maybe.

Autodesk is again providing version 11.13.1.2 for 2018 products.  There is no change from the 2017 version, even though technically, the latest version of the Flexera License Manager is 11.14.1.0.  Therefore, if you are running another version of the license manager from another 3rd party vendor that uses Flexnet, then you can safely use any newer version like 11.14.1.0 and still use the old 11.13.1.2 version of the adskflex.exe file. 

NOTE:  If you have not already updated with the 2017 release, it is required to update to 11.13.1.2 for the 2018 product license to work, otherwise you will get a 0.0.0 error. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-do...

Just like the last couple of years and moving forward, the License Manager files are no longer available for direct download from Flexera.  Per their new policy, you must obtain the license manager from your software vendor.  You can download the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/get-ready-network-lic...

If there are updates to the Autodesk Network License Manager files as the 2018 product line is rolled-out, I will reflect those changes in this thread. 

You can update your license file to 2018 versions from your Autodesk Accounts page once your Subscription has been updated. 

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

https://register.autodesk.com and from the new Autodesk Accounts page at https://accounts.autodesk.com

Or you can contact your Value-Added Reseller for assistance. You can locate your VAR here:

http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/locate-a-reselle​r

To update your license file, you will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensi​​ng/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p...

Good Luck!

P.S.  If I am lucky, @Otto won't respond to this post this year!  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

For more information about this version, see my post for the 2017 release last year or use the tag NLM for previous years:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-network-license-manager-2017/m-p/6230...

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 41
DarrenP

this is good to know

i guess you weren't lucky enough Otto responded

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 41
TravisNave

Oh and because I love you guys, <looks around> attached is the FlexNet 11.14.1 files.  Shhh!

You'll still have you use your old adskflex.exe from 11.13.x.x (or 11.7 which I always prefer.)

Autodesk Forums:
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 41
LyleHardin

We just upgraded and installed 2018 AutoCAD. 

License file updated as well.

My machine still gets the error 0.0.0 with AutoCAD 2018 only (2016 and 2017 fire up just fine) while other machines run 2018 just fine.

I've even tried setting the environment variable to look at the license server. No luck. 

I've deleted the cascade file. No luck.

I think I've tried just about everything I've found on line.

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 41
TravisNave
in reply to: LyleHardin

Double-check that you restarted the NLM with the new license file.  The status enquiry from LMTOOLS should show the 2018 licenses available.  If it does not, you will get a 0.0.0 error.  That's the most common reason. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 41
LyleHardin

Several times... Stop, Start, ReRead, Stop, Exit, Start, Start, etc. ad nauseum.
The licenses all show up. Even in JTB World's JTB FlexReport LT.
The online License Parser seems to think everything is okay too.
It seems to be just my machine.
Another computer with 2018 installed fires up ACAD 2018 just fine.
Message 8 of 41
TravisNave

Ah, okay.  So it is just one machine then.  I missed that in your first description, sorry.

Another thing that causes 0.0.0 errors is the system clock.  Because we just started DST, the clock could be off.  Make sure the time, timezone, and DST settings all match the NLM server. 

The 2018 software is still new, so there might be other reasons for your 0.0.0 that we haven't discovered yet.  So we'll need to hit them one by one.

Are you running more than one NLM on the network anywhere?  Even other 3rd party apps that use lmgrd? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 41
LyleHardin

Thanks for thinking this through with me.

The clock was a good suggestion, but they both appear to be on the same time. I remote desktop into the license server to make changes so it's pretty easy to tell.

We only have one NLM server.

It's about time to flush my computer (or get a new one) anyway. It may just be hosed up with all the experimental software I'm putting on it all the time.

It's a good machine, but I work it pretty hard.

If I get 2018 working, I'll provide an update. All my other Autodesk networked licensed software still works as does the latest ReCap pro.

I'm still open to ideas in case anyone thinks of anything.

Message 10 of 41
LyleHardin

Thanks for thinking this through with me.

The clock was a good suggestion, but they both appear to be on the same time. I remote desktop into the license server to make changes so it's pretty easy to tell.

We only have one NLM server.

It's about time to flush my computer (or get a new one) anyway. It may just be hosed up with all the experimental software I'm putting on it all the time.

It's a good machine, but I work it pretty hard.

If I get 2018 working, I'll provide an update. All my other Autodesk networked licensed software still works as does the latest ReCap pro.

I'm still open to ideas in case anyone thinks of anything.

Message 11 of 41
LyleHardin

Why the double post? Not sure...

Message 12 of 41
TravisNave

The forum has been double-posting for some reason.

Is there anything in the debug.log file from that client about not getting a license for some reason?  0.0.0. these days often means it made the connection but cannot find that product... the same way a -5 used to be.  The only other thing you might verify is the version of adskflex.exe on the server.  Going back to 11.7 for just adskflex.exe has solved a lot of weird errors for me. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 41
LyleHardin

Figured it out!

The debug file clued me in to the fact I had set up groups in the .opt file. (a long time ago)

My name was in a group excluding me from 'plain' AutoCAD since I usually use software from the IDSU suite.

I removed my name from that group and I'm now able to open AutoCAD 2018.

So it wasn't my machine, it was my log in name because of settings in the options file.

Whew!

Message 14 of 41
Dazzman

Just noticed this although it could just be that I've generated the file while 2014 is still valid but I seem to have access to 5 versions of AutoCAD rather than the usual 4?

PACKAGE 64300ACD_F adskflex 1.000 COMPONENTS="86830ACD_2018_0F \
 86604ACD_2017_0F 86445ACD_2016_0F 86295ACD_2015_0F \
 86063ACD_2014_0F"

Anyone else seen this?

Dazzman.

Message 15 of 41
TravisNave
in reply to: Dazzman

@Dazzman,

That is correct.  For 2018 Subscriptions, the benefit is the last 4 releases.  That means you can still run 2014 with a 2018 license.  This is by design! 

More information can be found here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/managing-network-lice...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 41
Dazzman

Thanks for the update I must have missed that one as I was still working on it being the latest and the previous 3 releases as before.

Dazzaman.

Message 17 of 41
Marcv74

Morning,

Sorry about the thread hijack but i'm getting a similar problem. Installed AutoCAD2018 yesterday and ran for about 4hours before getting the license unavailable error message. Cheked the NLM, did a stop/start/re-read cycle, same error 0.0.0 message. Preformed a clean uninstall/install with the same result, plus every startup requires the license type and server location to be chosen again. So far this is the only install and i'd like to get to the bottom before we roll out totally. I've attached the ACD2018ENGAdlm.log incase it's contents mean anything to anyone who understands them.

Cheers

Marc

Message 18 of 41
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Marcv74

@Marcv74

Please provide the debug log file that is defined under the config service tab of your LMTOOLS (license manager)

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 19 of 41
Marcv74
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Debug log as requested.

For reference, we are running 2 licenses as seperate services within the NLM. The 2018 Autocad license is available to 2017 users so were happy that the issue probably isn't the configuration of the NLM services.

Marc.

Message 20 of 41
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Marcv74

@Marcv74

To me is sounds like something is wrong with your license file (like maybe a syntax error or combing license issue).  In addition it also shows you don't have enough license because you are max out/denied entries.

@TravisNave and @Darin.Green what are your thoughts?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report