Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Licensing Service Update for 2020 product versions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
6744 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Licensing Service Update for 2020 product versions

@natasha.l

Not sure if you have the answer or not but perhaps you can pass this along to someone in Autodesk who has the answer..

Today I noticed there was an update (yesterday) to the new licensing mechanism for the 2020 product line..  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-licensing-service-updat...

In there it sounds like if you have a 2020 product installation issue you should install this new licensing service and try the installation again.  In the next bullet it states if you are deploying your 2020 software we encourage you to install this first before deploying your 2020 product line. 

Too me this makes it confusion to the end users..  So if you are not installing your software through a deployment and don't have an installation issue, then don't worry about it.   But if you have an issue while installing then by all means install it first.   But if your installing is via a deployment then you should be installing this update before deploying your 2020 product line.   Update:  In the end shouldn't it just be recommend to install this update prior to installing the 2020 product line no matter how you're performing the installation?

In addition in the past when the new licensing mechanism was updated to version 9.0.3.46, it broken the 2020 product installation if you needed to install it (2020 product) again.   Meaning you had to uninstall the updated license service  because the 2020 product installation is trying to install the original version of the licensing mechanism and it can't since its been upgraded.   Are you now saying that it will not be impacted if you install this new update prior to installing your 2020 product line.

@mdavis22569   @TravisNave   @Pola_S  @DarrenP  How do you read this update or the wording?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yeah, I read it as they fixed the installation failure if the licensing was
upgraded. That would be a huge benefit.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
DarrenP

i read it as if your having trouble installing 2020 products installing this licensing hot fix may help

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: DarrenP

Tested it with 2 people experiencing an issue and so far all good reports coming back.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Thanks everyone...   At this point I'm just stating to install this new version prior to installing your 2020 product line.  Smiley Happy

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Mark.Lancaster

Keeping these updates up-to-date is not required, but if you are having trouble installing you should apply the update before attempting to uninstall & reinstall the application. 

Message 7 of 7
Pola_S
in reply to: natasha.l

Wouldn't it be possible to integrate this update into every 2020 product and update the installers on users' Autodesk accounts? I still get this issue reported very often, instead of every user spending a couple hours on it, Autodesk could spend a day fixing this and then be done with it...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report