Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Education Student Access

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
michael.dargenio
663 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Education Student Access

I have been speaking with Autodesk about how I can set it up so that anyone at our school automatically qualifies for the Autodesk Education account based on their email address without having to submit formal documentation. The support center was unable to help and recommend that I post here.

We have a number of students who will want to use the tools offered via Autodesk Education across many different classes. The high school students do not readily have access to official documentation that verifies their affiliation with the school. They would have to go through a lengthy request process to get the documentation. The school is already listed as a qualified institution through Autodesk. Is there any way to have anyone that signs up for an Autodesk Education account with an "@schoolname.org" email address automatically qualify for an Education license? If I add them through User Management as the admin, do they still need to submit documentation? Is there a way I can bulk verify a bunch of students who will need access next semester? Thanks so much for your help!
Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, @michael.dargenio,

Unfortunately, each student needs to submit ID to license software for their own devices, however, it doesn't have to be anything super fancy, a Status Letter, with their name, the date, and the school's letterhead will work (That's how I do it).

If the school owns the devices the students use then they can be licensed under the school.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 4

That's crazy that there is not a better way, but thanks so much for the reply and the great idea!

Message 4 of 4

Hi @michael.dargenio,

Anytime, I believe that one of the main issues with using email addresses is that a lot of Institutions allow alumni to keep their email addresses or grant an alumni one with the same domain, which you can see can cause issues for verification.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report