Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Desktop Connector Update Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
IanYeager
2018 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Desktop Connector Update Error

Trying to update to the latest Connector.

Launch the .exe and it runs until halfway completed, then a pop up:

Autodesk Desktop Connector Setup

Could not access network location *:.

Retry   Cancel

I try Retry, still fails. I click Cancel 5-6 times and the result is:

Setup Failed. I get a log file and 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation.

In Control Panel, I tried to Repair ADC and same result as above. I tried to Uninstall ADC and same result. (Cannot uninstall it)

I tried to update .Net Framework (version was the same or newer so nothing happened).

Tried the .Net repair tool, no change, same error on trying to update ADC.

I am on 14.1.0.1074 and trying to update to 14.5.0.1144

Thanks,

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: IanYeager

Make sure you have the Anti-Virus and Firewall turned off 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
IanYeager
in reply to: mdavis22569

I'll check my anti-virus but Firewall should be allowing access:

Firewall.JPG

Message 4 of 5
IanYeager

Turning off Firewall and AntiVirus made no difference.

Message 5 of 5
IanYeager

Solved........I worked on this with my IT person and in theory, it had nothing to do with rights. I am an administrator on my machine with rights to install and uninstall. IT tried under his log in as well and experienced the same problem. Our final recourse was to use an uninstall utility (https://www.revouninstaller.com/) to strip the Connector out of my computer, including the registry, and then reinstall the newest release. I then logged in as myself and the Connector would not start. I launched it and got the message: A Windows service required by ADC did not start in the expected amount of time. Do you want to manually start the service?
I responded by clicking Start Services.
I then got a pop up that said: Error Autodesk Desktop Connector is shutting down. Failure to initialize Workspace Monitoring.
I performed a repair on ADC as myself, it asked for a reboot, I rebooted and ADC started. I logged in and it appears to be working fine now.
This was a lot of work for what I would classify as a little tool/program.
It wasn't rights as a full IT admin person got the same results as me.
I can only guess this had more to do with the program itself, possibly a corrupt registry or some other issue. There has to be an issue somewhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report