Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
sofia.calatozzolo
954 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk desktop app

I tried to install both AUTOCAD that Maya trial version, in both cases, concludes the 'installation but failed the installation of Autodesk desktop application. In the case of AUTOCAD the program is installed in any event, while for Maya not. How can I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This issue is caused by the method you're using to download/install the application.

Solution:

Download the software from the Autodesk Virtual Agent

• Once there, use Download Links and navigate to the application you need to download.

NOTE: If there are multiple parts for the download, you'll need to click each part to download them, once they are downloaded double-click Part1 (which will automatically extract the remaining parts) to begin the installation.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 8

Hello @sofia.calatozzolo,

Welcome. I understand you successfully installed AutoCAD but not the Autodesk Desktop App here is a direct link for it, you can try to download: Autodesk Desktop App.exe

Make sure you don't have any Maya items installed if so >uninstall< them. Then try the Virtaul Agent to download and install Maya as @Darin.Green mentioned. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 8
laurabart1605
in reply to: Darin.Green

I also did this, but the same problem. I installed separately app Autodesk desktop. I do not install the desktop icon it in the installation folder of the other components. The page that appears at the end of this installation.maya installation.png

Message 5 of 8

@laurabart1605

Welcome to the community..

Are you also installing a trial version of Maya?

Anyhow don't worry about the Autodesk Desktop Application..  Its bloatware and its not worth your time trying to solve an installation problem of it.   You can still get your updates from other spots.  In addition if you are installing Maya as a trial its not even needed because the interface is only for applying updates to your installed Autodesk product.  Meaning in 30 days, your trial of Maya will stop working so there's no need to worry about updates anyway.  Take my advice.  Don't worry about it and start using the application that you need.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 8

Ok, but the problem is that it does not install the app autodesk maya over.
Message 7 of 8

@laurabart1605

Are you saying you are unable to install Maya? 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8

AConvoluted aberrations

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report