Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk 2020 Licensing issues

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
7842 Views, 9 Replies

AutoDesk 2020 Licensing issues

Hi,

I've been having an issue with activating Autodesk products. I've created SCCM packages for Revit 2020, AutoCad 2020, AutoCad LT 2020 and NavisWorks Manage 2020. When opening all application I get the "The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed" error.

We use network licensing and when performing a status enquiry, I can see the License server is UP and the licenses are there.

I've been following this KB
(https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...) and noticed that when opening ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS there is no LGS.data or LICPATH.lic. Also our license folder is ending with _2019 and our old license key, which doesn't look right.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Don't worry about the LGS information anymore..   It has totally changed for 2020..

If this is network based, did you upgrade your Autodesk license manager to version 11.16..   It is required for the 2020 product line.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the quick reply. 

No, I can see that the license server is still running v11.14.1. Is the upgrade a simple process?

Toby

Message 4 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Most likely yes but you could run into an issue..

1. First make sure no licenses are being borrowed.

2.  Stop the service in LMTOOLS (Start/Stop/Reread tab)

3.  Uninstall the software through Windows Control Panel

4.  Download the new version https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-network-license-manager-for-windows.html, install and setup.

5.  Start the service

When the new version is installed he will remember last settings so ensure the fields in the config service tab are point to the correct LMGRD.exe and license file.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

What a inferior product that requires there end users to perform hours of troubleshooting to use it properly for a few weeks till the next update breaks everything all over again. 

Put in a request for support and wait for days. 

No wonder they continually lose market share. 

Has been a catastropher since they changed their licensing mechanism.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 10
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

What a inferior product that requires there end users to perform hours of troubleshooting to use it properly for a few weeks till the next update breaks everything all over again. 

Put in a request for support and wait for days. 

No wonder they continually lose market share. 

Has been a catastropher since they changed their licensing mechanism.

That was helpful...

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 10
zwishart

I agree with you entirely. Hours is an understatement. Try ****ing weeks. I'm a student in a construction management program and the only fault I find with my school is that they have a class centered around this pile of ****ing useless garbage.

Message 9 of 10
supportZZ353

Hi I need to assign the product to the user as an primary admin

note : the product which has been added .is not reflecting in the   admin console what is the issue  please do needful 

is there any process to check the product to whom it has been reflected  to internal user 

Message 10 of 10
colmenarezoangelg

Good Morning. The Autocad 2020 is requesting the serial and number. Where I can find this information?! I have an Educational Access.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report