Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2016 will not open, ever since the last Windows 7 updates installed

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2020 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2016 will not open, ever since the last Windows 7 updates installed

AutoCAD LT 2016 will not open, ever since the last Windows 7 updates installed on June 16, 2017. So now what do I do.... I need the program to work.  I tried doing a repair and it still will not open.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Any reason you cannot roll back those updates in Win7 to confirm that was the actual problem? WIndows System Restore back to a week or month it all worked is the best way.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Rolling back was not an option... So I completely uninstalled AutoCAD LT 2016 and Autodesk, rebooted my computer, then did a disk clean-up, rebooted the computer again and then reinstalled AutoCAD LT 2016 and Autodesk. BUT AutoCAD LT 2016 still will not start. I have tried starting the program over and over, and each time Autodesk generates and sends an error report. But this is not helping me... I still have a program that won't work and no way to work on my drawings.... All I can hope that the error repots will help them come up with an update that will fix the problem...

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Is LT2016 fully patched and updated? It needs to be.

What if you log into Win7 in safe mode (with networking) and test AutoCAD? here is how it's done https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-start-windows-7-in-safe-mode-2624540

What if you log in as a new user in WIndows 7 and try it, does it still hang?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Hello... I appreciate your suggestions, but AutoCAD LT 2016 will not even open in Safe Mode. AutoCAD LT 2018 does the same thing. Because of the problem I was having with AutoCAD LT 2016, I uninstalled it, and downloaded AutoCAD LT 2018 (thinking maybe I needed a newer version of AutoCAD LT). But after installing AutoCAD LT 2018, it does the same thing as AutoCAD LT 2016, it will not open. In fact the first time I tried opening the newly installed AutoCAD LT, the Windows Program Compatibility Assistant opened indicating, " WIndows detected that this program did not run correctly. To try and fix the problem, Windows has applied compatibility settings to this program....", etc.(see enclosed screen shot file attachment). This window came up when I tried to open AutoCAD LT 2016 for the first time as well as AutoCAD 2018... I am at a loss. A week-and-a-half ago, AutoCAD LT was working fine on my computer. Then I had some Windows 7 updates and after that the program would no longer open. I tried the approach of uninstalling the Window updates and that did not correct the problem, SO I have not idea what else to do....

Kind regards,

Susan

Message 6 of 13
pendean

"What if you log in as a new user in WIndows 7 and try it, does it still hang?"
Message 7 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Can you confirm if you have Netframe Version 4.7 installed?  If you do, this is most likely the cause of your issue.  At this time there's no fix from Autodesk...

IF you do have 4.7 you can't remove it in Windows 7 from my understanding.  There's another Windows update that you have to apply to resolve this.  But I don't know which one..  I will tag @Darin.Green for his input.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Since I am the only user of the computer, there is only one user account. I will have to add an additionsl user account to test it. I will try it as soon as possible and let you know how it work out. Thank you.

Susan

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes, Windows .Net Framework Version 4.7 is installed on my computer. It installed as an update on June 16th (and shortly thereafter discovered AutoCAD would no longer open... Hmmmm). Apparently it's an update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1 and 4.6.2. And it can be uninstalled. Should I go ahead and try that? Thanks.

Susan

Message 10 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

In this case, you can uninstall the .NET Framework 4.5 that the Windows 7 update installed. Then, locate the  .NET Framework 4.5 that came with the install media files C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_LT_2016\3rdParty\dotNetFramework    & install it. 

Let us know how it turns out. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Thank you.... I will try it and let you know how it goes.

Susan

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM! I uninstalled the Windows .Net Framework Version 4.7 and installed the version of Windows .Net Framework that came with AutoCAD LT 2016 and it's back up and running... Hurray! Thank you all for your help in solving this problem....

But one thing, Windows update is now asking to install one so-called, important update, "Security and Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2 updates for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1: May 9, 2017 (KB4019112)". Do I dare install this?... Please advise. Thank you.

Susan

Message 13 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Glad to hear it! Smiley Happy You are not the only one that has faced this issue, it seems though that your computer is behind on your Windows 7 updates the latest update is June 13 I believe... You can try the update and conduct the same steps again if you have an issue or just leave it be for now, its up to you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report