Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2015 won't start on Windows 7

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
806 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2015 won't start on Windows 7

Hello,

We've been using AutoCAD LT 2015 for a few years now and didn't have any issues with it until this past December when I tried to launch the program and it wouldn't start. I don't know if it was because of some Windows updates installed in the computer. This computer is running Windows 7.

I tried doing a clean uninstall of the program and then reinstalling it, but that didn't help.

I installed the program in a different computer running Windows 10 and it is running fine.

Autodesk 360 and Autodesk Desktop App run fine in both computers.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

What version of .NET are you running:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

It should be 4.5 ....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently running NET 4.5.

I uninstalled NET 4.5 after reading through the link you provided and installed NET 4.5.1 for Windows 7 SP1. After installation, I tried launching AutoCAD and although it still did not run, it gave a list of files describing the reason it did not launch; something it hadn't done before.

These are the files:

C:\Users\msotelo\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDF3B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\msotelo\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE2E4.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\msotelo\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREAF0.tmp.mdmp

At some point I had NET 4.7 installed and when trying to launch AutoCAD, I got the error message that AutoCAD could not run because it needed .NET 4.5 to run.

Thanks,
Message 4 of 14
pendean

4.5.1 is not 4.5 so probably why you get the error: but there appears to be an update to 4.7 that also needs to be installed in place of 4.7 to fix all the issues too.

Read this about what to try and how https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I tried uninstalling and installing NET 4.5 but AutoCAD is still not running. I clicked the AutoCAD desktop icon and I get the loading cursor, but only for a few seconds, then nothing.

I even tried installing NET 4.0 (after uninstalling NET 4.5) and updating from NET 4.0 to 4.5, but nothing.

Whenever I have any version other than NET 4.5 when I click the AutoCAD desktop icon I get the error saying that AutoCAD cannot be launched because NET 4.5 is not installed.

?

Message 6 of 14
mdavis22569

like this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I have tried read and tried all of the solutions previously posted, unfortunately, nothing has worked.

What else can I try?

Thanks

Message 8 of 14
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Welcome.

It is difficult to determine why this occurred all of a sudden on your system without understanding what has changed lately in your environment that could have triggered this issue. You can try to Use Windows Utilities to determine what has changed recently. 

There was a December 12, 2017—KB4054518 update that may have been installed improperly, try to uninstall the Windows update & test your Autodesk application to see if that was the cause. You can choose to reinstall the Windows update or not. 

Or try the steps here: Error: ".NET 4.5 is not installed" when attempting to install Autodesk 2016/2015 or older products

Let us know how it goes. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 14
natasha.l
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Please let us know if you have resolved the issue by following the suggestions provided. You can also try to

clean out your Temp folder C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp folder

Also, right-click the folder, go to "Properties" then "Security" it should be set with full control permissions. 

Let us know how its going & if you have resolved this. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Hello natashal84,

Thanks for your recommendations, I will be implementing them today and will let you know the results.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

@natasha.l I uninstalled the update you mentioned and I want to do a clean uninstalled of the application as well, but I cannot uninstall the Autodesk Desktop App, every time I try, I get the following error:

"There has been an error. The removeAdAppMgr.dat file cannot be found and is required to uninstall the application, aborting"

The Autodesk Desktop App was not working properly either, so perhaps that was causing AutoCAD to not want to start.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I have tried all the recommendations previously posted, but unfortunately nothing has worked.

Is there a number I can call for technical support and perhaps have someone remotely connect to the laptop having the issues?

Thanks,

Message 13 of 14
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I see, you can follow this article on, How to completely remove Desktop App remove what you can & find of the app. You may have had a poor installation of your Autodesk applications. 

Then, install only AutoCAD LT 2015 following these steps: 

1. Reboot the computer & log in as Administrator 
  2. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  3. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  4. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

Keep us posted. 

Message 14 of 14
natasha.l

Hello @m.sotelo,

You can reach us directly by submitting a case from your Autodesk Account by reviewing this link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support

I hope this gets resolved soon. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report