Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Hangs on "checking licence" on the splash screen

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
abduallahadi
21283 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad Hangs on "checking licence" on the splash screen

hi every one
i've been painfully trying to fix the problem with no results 
so please if any one know how to solve this issue please tell me Smiley Sad

regards

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: abduallahadi
Message 3 of 13
abduallahadi
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for responding
your replied was very helpful and the "checking licence" problem was solved
but after the start up it hangs again after a few seconds . i don't know may be i deleted some files shouldn't  be deleted  
i am confused
please help 

Message 4 of 13

@abduallahadi

Is it getting passed the AutoCAD splash screen and you can see the AutoCAD interface or is it still stuck on the splash screen?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 13

it passes the splash screen and program stats normally , but after a few seconds it hangs and freeze totally 
this happened with all my autocad product on my computer

Message 6 of 13

@abduallahadi

What version is your Autodesk Products?

WHat happens in you disconnect yourself from your network/internet connection before launching the application?

What type of license do you have?  Student or paid version?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 13

i turned off the network connection but nothing happened new
 it is autocad 2016  with student version
please see this video for the issue from my computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oitZoT8lfVU&feature=youtu.be

Message 8 of 13

@abduallahadi

Not sure if this will help or not...

But try this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autode... or this: https://synergiscadblog.com/2015/09/15/cursor-loses-focus-after-installing-autodesk-2016-products/

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 13

thank you for your help 
but those two topics have nothing to do with my issues
the problem is that the software totally freezes .

Message 10 of 13

@abduallahadi

I fully understand your application is freezing and I'm trying different stuff to see if that's related.  I'm not sitting right at your machine so I have no clue what's happening at this point..   There's not an simple button to push and your issue is resolved.   Smiley Wink   Did you even try or just ignore what I sent to you?   If you didn't try how do you know that's not the problem..  It may be and may not be...   We are troubleshooting the issue and you have to try stuff.  Smiley Wink

When it locks up..

If you select ALT+SPACEBAR, does the Restore, Move menu appear in AutoCAD like this

3-18-2017 3-48-35 PM.jpg  or you don't see it at all?

Update: Another thing because you stated other stuff is not working..  Create a new Windows account on your machine and log in with that account and start AutoCAD.   Does it work then?  If it does that's a big indication your Windows User Profile is bad/corrupt.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @abduallahadi,

Have you resolved the issue? You mentioned that maybe you deleted files by mistake, that may also be the issue.

Try: 

• Go to Autodesk Virtual Agent find the program
  • Download all of the parts 
  • Follow the steps in this link Installing products from the Virtual Agent
  • Locate the download folder and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe. If you have a permission issue right click and select, Run as administrator.
  • Files will be directed to C:\Autodesk
  • Follow the prompts to install the program

Thank you. 

Message 12 of 13
abduallahadi
in reply to: natasha.l

i installed a new windows on my machine and every thing is now
thank you all for your consideration .

Message 13 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @abduallahadi,

Glad to hear you resolved the issue. Thank you for contributing to the community. 

The following System requirements for AutoCAD 2016 will help other visitors who have a "checking license" issue. It is important to check the system requirements needed to run the software successfully. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report