Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 locking up on activation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JaredMarble2264
980 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 locking up on activation

I've installed 6 versions of the 2018 Building Design suite (we have 7 seats), at various levels of software (meaning some have Revit and other add-ons, and some do not). When installing the seventh seat, I had no issues until I went in to activate the software. I opened AutoCAD, got the customary message about this being a new drawing format, and then it asked how I wanted to register it. I clicked to enter serial number, as I di the previous six times, and the software froze up on me. I had to force it close through Task Manager. The properties palette had a blank spot, through which I could see the desktop behind it. This did not happen on any other machines. I've run a number of repairs on the software (mind you, all within an hour or so of installation), to no avail. I don't think there was anything to fix, either.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@JaredMarble2264

This should help get your application working. Assuming you have a valid serial number/contract.

Close the application

Please note, folders of C:\Programdata and C:\Users\[Username]\Appdata (listed below) are hidden folders and you may need to adjust your viewing settings.

On your computer, navigate to: ​​C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<Product_Key>_2018.0.0.F  [<Product Key> is the product key of the Autodesk Application you have]
Delete the LGS.data file.
Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ folder
Delete the ADUT folder and it's contents
Start the application.

When you start the application, it will prompt you to choose one of the following:

Login - 30 day trial licenses
Serial Number - Standalone and Single-User activation
Network - Network License server for obtaining licenses from a machine on your network

Choose the option that matches your license. 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4

We tried this, and the LGS.data file was non-existent, and the ADUT folder was removed. That didn't work, so I uninstalled the 2018 software, and installed it again. So far, so good. Very strange, though.

Message 4 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: JaredMarble2264

Hello @JaredMarble2264,

That's great that is the last resort solution for this type of issue, glad you figured it out and it running. Thank you for reporting back. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report