Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2017 LICENSE MANAGER NOT WORKING

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
vignettestudios
28776 Views, 42 Replies

AUTOCAD 2017 LICENSE MANAGER NOT WORKING

I keep the message that license manager is not working or installed incorrectly. I have looked at the forums, done everything they say, uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, and still the same message. I have figured out that my installer keeps installing the program with the wrong product key, so I fixed that folder. Also doesn't seem possible to contact autodesk directly.

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

42 REPLIES 42
Message 2 of 43

@vignettestudios

What type of license is this?  Perpetual or Desktop (Single User) Subscription?

In the folder location C:\Programdata\Autodesk\CLM\LGS, what 2017 sub-folders are listed there?  Do you see 001I1_2017.0.0.F folder?  If yes is there a LGS.DATA file in that folder?  If yes again, open it with notepad and tell us wha it says in there.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 43

I am actually using Autocad Architecture 2017, so that folder is labeled 185I1_2017.0.0.F. When the product is first installed, and everytime I have reinstalled it, it has a different folder name. I didn't write it down, but it started with a 9. I had to make a new folder with the correct name. It does have the LGS.DATA file in it, and I created that as well. in it, it has the text _STANDALONE

This is a single user subscription license.

After attempting to start the program five times, it suddently came up to screen requesting activation info, it did that and says it is activated. Now I can't get past the user login, even though I enter my log in credentials. I am the only user. I have attached a picture of this.

Message 4 of 43

WARNING: This is a worldwide public user form and it's important that you do not include your serial # here. I will have the moderator remove your serial # from your posting in order to protect your information. For the future please keep that rule in mind.

You have a desktop subscription and activation is done through your Autodesk ID. At this point the application is not assigned to your Autodesk ID/named account. Which means the contract manger for your subscription needs to log into their account, un-assign the product from their account and then assign it to your Autodesk ID. Do you know who the contract manager is for your subscription?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 43

Since I purchased this program directly through autodesk, I would assume the contract manager would be me. I have tried to assign myself as a user, but the website just sits there thinking about if for an hour, and then I give up.

Don't know why this has to be so complicated. I am about ready to dump autocad and go to a more user friendly product.

Message 6 of 43

@vignettestudios

Yes I would assume you would the contract admin since you purchased it.  When did you purchase it? IF you just purchased it I have heard it takes 24 hours for your account to sync.

If you go into your AutodesK Account do you even see the product offering under your account that you can assign to a user?

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 43

I purchased it two weeks ago, and have been monkeying around with it ever since trying to get it to just open.

I do see the product offering under my autodesk account. When I try to assign a user, that is when the website gets hung up. Doesn't matter which browser I use.

Message 8 of 43

Hi @vignettestudios,

Thank you for your patience on this matter. There was a sync issue with your order that is now already resolved, you should now be able to launch your AutoCAD Architecture 2017 and use the license information you have and log-in to your Autodesk Account to activate the license. You should also now be able to see that the license is now assigned to yourself. Let us know if you still encounter any issues with your subscription software. Thanks, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 9 of 43

It worked! Thank you very much!

Message 10 of 43
emraniraid
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

I'm having the same issue i guess?

Just downloaded and installed from the Autodesk Education site. Revit is working well.

Sincere,

Raid

Message 11 of 43
TravisNave
in reply to: emraniraid

@emraniraid wrote:

I'm having the same issue i guess?

Just downloaded and installed from the Autodesk Education site. Revit is working well.

Sincere,

Raid

Does your username have any special characters in it?  Also, what is your OS and IE version?  Is IE your default browser?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Script...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 43
emraniraid
in reply to: TravisNave

Well, Im running windows 10 in VM mode (parallels 11). My notebook is a Macbook Pro Retina 13-inch (early 2015)

Message 13 of 43
emraniraid
in reply to: emraniraid

I followed the Scripting error - guide. But this still didnt resolve my issue....

(https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Script...)

Message 14 of 43
rich.ward
in reply to: vignettestudios

Ive been AutoCAD User since 2002, this is the first time that Ive actually considered Learning Micro Station with this new "improved" cloud licensing service.  I installed 2017, with out option to have stand alone, on a monthly subscription.  I have yet to even get into the program, and have lost valuable 4 days of production.  I cannot find anyone in Auto desk who is even willing to take on this challenge.

I am working behind a fire wall at my office, I have taken computer off the network in hopes to work without internet access, yet AutoCAD does not allow this.

LETS GET STARTED SCREEN:  Enter a Serial Number I click

Checking license.........

License error:  The license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed.  AutoCAD will shut down now.

I have reinstalled, with complete uninstall, same issues....over and over again.

If there is any one left at Autodesk that truly still cares about their customers, please help me.

Thank you SO much!

Rich

Message 15 of 43
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rich.ward

@rich.ward

Welcome to the community...

Unfortunately this is not Autodesk.  This is a user based forum where users are assisting others.  Although Autodesk does monitor these forums, it doesn't mean they will see and/or respond to your issue in a timely fashion.

Now to your problem..  If you have a term based license (desktop/rental subscription) the first time you launch the application after installation you must be connected to the internet because you need to activate it by your Autodesk Account.  In addition the problem you're seeing sounds like the installation didn't properly configure your required files and I suggest that you review this article.

Mark Lancaster

Message 16 of 43
rich.ward
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark....thank you so much for your quick reply and your advise...I will review that article to continue this trouble shoot.
Message 17 of 43
rich.ward
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Actually, yes, I have gone through those steps several times over, along with reinstalling AutoCAD, several times as well. We have several I.T guys on this as well. Super crazy how we cant figure this one out.
Message 18 of 43

Hi Jeffrey.sin

My client is having the exact same issue as vignettestudios, but with autoCAD 2017 and Revit 2017.

Please can you check that my client is not having the same Sync issues. I have tried every possible solution with no success.

I urgently need to solve this issue.

You can email me at mitchellm@modena.co.za or my client at office@nabeelessa.com

Thank you.

Message 19 of 43

I have the same problem with e student version. What have I to do?

Message 20 of 43
nvt05
in reply to: vignettestudios

Bom dia,

Estou com o mesmo problema, tento colocar o serial number e ativar a licença e aparece esta mensagem:  license manager is not working or installed incorrectly. Já tentei de tudo, procurei em fóruns e ajudas da autodesk e não consigo solucionar o problema. Também tentei ligar na central de ajuda e sempre todos os atendentes estão ocupados.

Aguardo ajuda,

Obrigada,

Nivia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report