Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2016 licence invalid

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cistavridi
16243 Views, 10 Replies

autocad 2016 licence invalid

I just installed Autocad 2016. When I'm opening the program I have 3 messages

1. 'Your licence is invalid. Please contact your local authorized AutoCAD dealer' 

2. 'Your licence is invalid. Please contact your local authorized AutoCAD dealer'

3. 'This product has not properly activated on this system'

I owe an educational licence and my operating system is Windows 8 64bit. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Otto
in reply to: cistavridi

Hello cistavridi and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you're seeing the license error: "Your license is invalid. Please contact your local authorised AutoCAD dealer". This error typically occurs due to security vulnerability that requires a licensing hotfix, network connectivity being blocked by a proxy server or Trovi or WAJAM preventing connection to the licensing server. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Desktop Subscription Licensing Error: "Establish an Internet connection to continue"

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 11
ari.saari

Hi,

How did you solve this problem. I have same error message.

Message 4 of 11
jcarlisto
in reply to: ari.saari

I have the same problem.

Message 5 of 11
tbrogdon
in reply to: jcarlisto

I have the same problem...and I'm on a "hot" job on a Sunday.

Frustrated....and worried

Message 6 of 11
idasynes
in reply to: Otto

I have this problem too, and this solution did not help. Please help! 

Message 7 of 11
idasynes

Message 8 of 11
peterphuong456
in reply to: idasynes

yeah. i'm fixed this error on windows 10, autocad 2015
1: Deleted file in folder Flexnet ( C:\Programdata\Flexnet.... (show hidden file...))
2: Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC -> task manager ->tab services ->click right Flexnet Licensing Service 64 -> Open Services ->find"Flexnet..."-> change: Autonmatic, and click Start if this Stoped
Or Click Star -> find "services" -> find "Flexnet..." -> change: Autonmatic, and click Start if this Stoped.
3: open autocad and reactive.
good luck.
p/s: I am Vietnamese so my English is not good. 

Message 9 of 11
lxthanh8x
in reply to: peterphuong456

Thank PeterPhuong456,

I tried his steps on Windows 7, it worked. The folder i tried is located in the C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet.

The steps i did:

- Back-up this folder.

- Delete this folder.

- Run AutoCAD

- Do the activation.

P/s: I get this error, and after i re-install the software, i didn't found the active button. So i tried this help. Hope every one could do it.

lxthanh8x

Message 10 of 11

TY, that work for me!

@peterphuong456 wrote:

yeah. i'm fixed this error on windows 10, autocad 2015
1: Deleted file in folder Flexnet ( C:\Programdata\Flexnet.... (show hidden file...))
2: Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC -> task manager ->tab services ->click right Flexnet Licensing Service 64 -> Open Services ->find"Flexnet..."-> change: Autonmatic, and click Start if this Stoped
Or Click Star -> find "services" -> find "Flexnet..." -> change: Autonmatic, and click Start if this Stoped.
3: open autocad and reactive.
good luck.
p/s: I am Vietnamese so my English is not good. 

Message 11 of 11
leowarren34

The chances are that it has expired as edu licenses only last 3 years and 2016 has been out since, I believe 2015, so unless you downloaded recently its probably expired.

Edit: Just read posts, it was flexnet not expiration though be aware licenses for 2016 will soon be ending.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report