Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 "1325 "xxxxxxxx" is not a valid shortname.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
greatpanther
2768 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 "1325 "xxxxxxxx" is not a valid shortname.

We've installed 2015 IDS package and trying to run the software under my admin account works fine, but for the user the autocad 

gives the error    "1325 "xxxxxxxx"  is not a valid shortname."

I dont get this error for my domain admin account whiich does not have a roaming profile.

but he user has a roaming profile and he gets the above error. profile location in on the network as \\servername\home\xxxxx  

Please advise how to fix this 1325 error from occuring under the users profile, it pops up for each package you try and start. 

Thx

Anup

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: greatpanther

Hello barrett-ag

It looks like you were unable to launch AutoCAD as a restricted user. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Unable to run AutoCAD as a restricted user

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5

@greatpanther

See this article.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
m.mees
Message 5 of 5
Darin.Green

Hi @greatpanther,

The issue you're having is not with a dot in the username (could be another character), nor a broken install. Instead the issue is with Roaming profiles. Your Admin account worked because the shell folders are most likely still looking locally for the user paths.

Go into the Registry Editor and navigate to:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Within those locations, note the paths and change them back to defaults then try launching the application again.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report