Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 invalid serial number

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shartford
373 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 invalid serial number

Like so many, trying to install AutoCAD 2012 on a computer who's drive died and I simply get "invalid serial number". And to make it even better, I cannot find a single phone number to call someone about this and their "chat" function just says that all the agents are busy...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: shartford

Hi @shartford and welcome to the community!

Typically when you receive that type of error the license has been upgraded making the license unavailable for use or a manual activation maybe be required, depending on the situation. To confirm your serial number's status please contact our Activation and Registration department:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please be sure to let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
shartford
in reply to: jessica.t

Unfortunately that didn't help. I went through and the wizard basically told me it was opening a web form for me to fill out so a rep would contact me, but it didn't actually open any form to fill out and I am back at square one...

Message 4 of 5
shartford

Was finally able to open a ticket about this. Still, now I have to wait how long to get support to activate a product I own?
Message 5 of 5
jessica.t

Thank you for your case submission! I've just sent an email to the Activation and Registration team requesting that they process your case as soon as they can. Apologies for the wait, be sure to let me know if you need anything else in the meantime. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report