Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Cad 2017 student version Download failure

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Gold11Wing
1714 Views, 26 Replies

Auto-Cad 2017 student version Download failure

I tried four times to download AutoCad 2017 and always same problem. 

System says at one or more files missing. And  when I try to install it   ."(Error 1326 and Error getting file security.
C:\Users\Lasse\AppData\Roaming\GetLastError:5. Error getting file security.)"

I close my Norton before to download and delete all old Autodesk files.

Where is the problem and How I can fix it.

I need good answer now.

I have Win 7 Pro

x64

Intel i7, CPU 2.20GHz,  4 cores, 8 logical cores.

Ram 16,0 Gt

Regards,   Lasse

It seems I am not the only one with this problem.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Gold11Wing

@Gold11Wing

Welcome to the community..

Usually that error indicates you are using roaming profiles?

How are you trying to install the application?  Install now, browser download, virtual agent?

You can also post your installation log file and we can take a look to see what's going on.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 27
Gold11Wing
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I tried virtual agent and install now methods. Without No help.
Message 4 of 27
Darin.Green

@Gold11Wing

Well, can you post the installation log file that's located in your %temp% directory?

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 27
Gold11Wing
in reply to: Darin.Green

I already delete my temp files with command %Temp%
Message 6 of 27
Gold11Wing

I try to use all the methods to download it. Nothing helps!

Message 7 of 27
Gold11Wing

How I can remove my personal info ? 

Message 8 of 27
Gold11Wing

I already delete my TEMP files.

Message 9 of 27
Mark.Lancaster

@Gold11Wing

Open up the log file with notepad and "X" out your serial #.  But I thought you said you cleaned out your temp folder already...

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 27
Gold11Wing

Yes, I clean it already!
Message 11 of 27
Mark.Lancaster

@Gold11Wing

Too me it sounds like you don't have the proper permission to your machine.  Can you confirm that and there's no need to keep repeating that you deleted your temporary files.  We understand that you did this..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 27
Gold11Wing

I have all permissions for all files.
I delete all files what are possible to delete.
Message 13 of 27
natasha.l

Hello @Gold11Wing,

You can restore the logs in your Recycle Bin. 

I would try using AIDA tool to help us find out what is going on during the installation. 

1. Download the installation executable from the following link to download AIDA.

2. Double-click the executable and click the “Install” button

3. Accept the license agreement and click “next”

4. Click the “Install” button. The install should complete in 1-2 minutes. Click “finish” when complete

5.Launch AIDA. The one click functionality should detect the most recent install log file containing errors and provide an output HTML file.

6.If the utility is unable to detect a log file with errors, you can click the "load logs" button and manually locate the log which will have a naming convention of "[Product Name] Setup.log" for the product that had the install failure.

7.If the utility is unable to provide you with a solution, click the "Create Zip File Button" to save a zip file with all the logs and analysis associated to with the install.

8.Please attach the results to your reply. 

Please let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 27
Gold11Wing
in reply to: natasha.l

AIDA don´t want to start!
Message 15 of 27
Mark.Lancaster

@Gold11Wing wrote:
AIDA don´t want to start!

Was there any message that appeared?

Mark Lancaster

Message 16 of 27
Gold11Wing

No. There is no messages.
It wan´t to do anything.
Message 17 of 27
Darin.Green

@Gold11Wing

If you attempted to reinstall the software, can you share the installation log file now?

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 18 of 27
Gold11Wing

The same problem to be continued;
Error 1317. An Error ocurred while attempting to create the director
C:\Users\Lasse\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

Now I´m full of this problem.
It´s very nice at I can´t do my studies.
If you cant resolve this situation, I´m very , very disappoint.
Can you install it from there, remotely?
Message 19 of 27
Gold11Wing

Two Errors list. I hope at these helps!

Two error files, I hope at these can help you

cx_Freeze: Python error in main script

Traceback(most recent call last):
File "C:\python34\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze \initscrits\Console.py, line 27,in c module2
File"LogFileAggregator.py"line 2176,in <module>
File"LogFileAggregator.py" line2055, in get NewestLogFile
File"LogFileAggregator.py" line828,inWritelogFileHTML index Error: list index out of range

Second one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<errors xsi:schemaLocation=".\ errors.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

-<class log_type="Install_Framework" signature="You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system" name="Attempt to install a 32 bit application on a 64 bit Operating System" id="32on64">

<default_error signature="You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system" name="You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system." id="32on64"> It looks like you are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system. Please exit and use the 64-bit installer available from your installation media or from Autodesk.com. </default_error>

</class>

-<class log_type="Install_Framework" signature="Error downloading. Please Install Now again from the Autodesk website." name="InstallNow Failure" id="InstallNow">

<default_error signature="Error downloading. Please Install Now again from the Autodesk website." name="Install Now Failure" id="InstallNow Failed"> It looks like you are having issues with Install Now. Please consider other installation methods. The following articles may be useful:<br/> <a href="http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/educatio..." target="_blank">Download Methods for Education Community</a> <br/><br/> <a href="http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/virtual-..." target="_blank">Downloading Software using the Virtual Agent</a> (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading) <br/><br/> <a href="http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/subscrip..." target="_blank">Using the Download Now Method for Subscription Center</a> </default_error>

</class>

-<class log_type="Install_Framework" signature="Download Failed, Installation aborted," name="Install Framework Download Errors" id="Download">

<default_error signature="Download Failed, Installation aborted," name="Download Failed" id="DownloadFailed" otto_title="Downloading free software, problems with license attempting to Install" otto_answer_id="3451" check="SETUP_LOG"> It looks like you're having problems downloading free software. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful: <br/><br/> <a href="http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/educatio..." target="_blank">Download Methods for Education Community</a> <br/><br/> <a href="http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/virtual-..." target="_blank">Downloading Software using the Virtual Agent</a> (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading) <br/><br/> <a href="http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/subscrip..." target="_blank">Using the Download Now Method for Subscription Center</a> </default_error>

</class>

-<class log_type="WiX_Burn" signature="0x0" name="WiX Burn Bundle Log Error" id="WiX_Burn_Log" redirected_class="MSI-Error" negative_test="true">

<default_error signature="" name="Redirect Error to MSI Errors" id="Redirection"/>

</class>

-<class log_type="Install_Framework" signature="Installation aborted, Result=1603" name="Windows Installer Error" id="MSI-Error">

<error signature="Error 1309. Error reading from file:" name="Missing File Error" id="MissingFile" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="INSTALL_LOG"> It appears the file you are trying to install is not found. This can be due to a variety of reasons. First, please verify (via Windows Explorer) that the file is present<br/> Given that it is present, please verify that the path length to the file is not greater than 253 characters. The Windows Installer Service has a limitation of 253 characters in the path, including the file to be installed.<br/> The methods described in the following support article are applicable to addressing path length issues.<br/> <a href="https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Deployment-path-length-i..." target="_blank">Deployment path length in suites deployment prevents installing Essential Skills movies</a> <br/><br/>Other potential issues can include things such as corrupted installation images. </error>

<error signature="CustomAction CheckForRunningTasks returned actual error code 1603" name="Detected an instance of AutoCAD running" id="ACAD_Running" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="INSTALL_LOG"> It appears that you have a running instance of AutoCAD on your system, which may include cached files for Quick Launch of AutoCAD.<br/><br/> Please reboot your system and try the installation again. </error>

<error signature="SECUREREPAIR: Failed to CreateContentHash of the file:" name="Secure Repair (SECREPAIR) Failure" id="SECUREREPAIR" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="INSTALL_LOG"> It appears you have encountered an error related to Secure Repair (SECREPAIR). This is a known Microsoft issue. For more info, please see the following support article:<br/> <a href="https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Install-Failure-Error-99..." target="_blank">Install Failure: Error 997. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.</a> </error>

<error signature="SECREPAIR: Failed to create hash for the install source files" name="SecRepair redirect" id="SECREPAIR" redirected_error="SECUREREPAIR"/>

<error signature="Error 997.Overlapped I/O operation is in progress." name="SecRepair Overlapped IO Redirect" id="OverlappedIO" redirected_error="SECUREREPAIR"/>

<error signature="CustomAction UnzipZipFiles returned actual error code 1603" name="Unzip Error" id="UnzipError" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="INSTALL_LOG"> This class of errors relates to the unzipping of content by an Autodesk Product Installer. Ensure the source for the file is available, and that the destination is writeable<br/> In the specific cases of Autodesk AutoCAD Plant or Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID, this may also represent an error with content pack installation.<br/> Check cp_install.log (generally at the end) for more specific error information. </error>

<error signature="MsiProvideAssembly is returning: 1607" name="Error registering assembly" id="AssemblyRegistrationError" otto_title="" otto_answer_id=""> An error occurred registering a runtime assembly. Check the error results (below) for more info.<br/> It is possible another version of the runtime is installed and may currently be in use, blocking the installation of this version of the runtime. </error>

<error signature="CustomAction CheckForACADExistence returned actual error code 1603" name="Check For ACAD Existence Error" id="CheckForAcadExistence"> This error may indicate that AutoCAD is already present or is running. More info to come. </error>

<error signature="A newer version of this software is already installed." name="A Newer Version is Installed" id="NewerVersionInstalled"> A newer version of the component being installed has already been installed.<br/> Please either choose not to install this component, or uninstall the newer version (which may have unintended consequences, including breaking other products). </error>

<error signature="Assembly Error:The assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime, and cannot be loaded." name=".NET Assembly Registration Error" id="RuntimeMismatch"> A .NET assembly failed to register. This may be due to required runtimes not being present, or could also mean another application is currently running which uses this assembly.<br/> Ensure all Autodesk products are closed, and try the installation again. If the error persists, please review the component install log for more detail.<br/> For a list of tasks currently running, review the "Link to running processes on computer" below. </error>

<error signature="Error 1606. Could not access network location" name="Invalid Directory" id="1606-NetworkError"> There was an error accessing a network location, or a directory custom action failed to set a directory path correctly.<br/> If the error is of the form "Could not access network location \\servername\sharename", ensure you have the required network access.<br/> An error of the form "Could not access network location 0" typically means a directory custom action failure. </error>

<error signature="Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product" name="Unable to resolve source" id="1706-NoValidSource"> There was an error accessing the source for the installation of your product. If this occurs while repairing the product or applying an update to the product, it can indicate that a file was modified outside the installer. If a known-good backup of updated files is present, you may restore the old version and then try the update again. The following articles have info on how to resolve this issue as well. <a href="https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl..." target="_blank"> Error 1706: Installing Civil 3D 2008 Service Pack 2 on Windows Vista</a><br/> <a href="https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcar..." target="_blank"> Error 1706 when installing service pack for Architectural Desktop</a><br/> </error>

<default_error signature="" name="Unknown Error has occurred" id="DEFAULT" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="INSTALL_LOG"> The error specified does not currently have a defined solution. Please help us by sharing your resolution to this error, if possible, so we may grow our database of solutions </default_error>

</class>

<default_class signature="" name="Unknown Error has occurred" id="DEFAULT" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="SETUP_LOG"> The error specified does not currently have a defined solution. Please help us by sharing your resolution to this error, if possible, so we may grow our database of solutions </default_class>

<no_error_found signature="" name="No Error Found" id="DEFAULT" otto_title="" otto_answer_id="" check="SETUP_LOG"> No Errors Found. Please be sure you selected the correct log file. </no_error_found>

<solution_header/>

<solution_footer> <br/><br/><h2>Additional Installation Help</h2> <i> If the recommendation above did not resolve your issue, or if you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Autodesk Support directly via our <a href="https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus" target="_blank">contact us</a> page. In addition, Autodesk experts are now monitoring and responding in the Install & Licensing Autodesk Discussion Forum. For fast answers to your questions from Autodesk and community experts, please visit the forum by clicking <a href="http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24" target="_blank">here</a></i> </solution_footer>

</errors>

Message 20 of 27
Darin.Green

@Gold11Wing

Thanks for the extended information, however, it's not the log file found in your %temp% directory.

From what you posted, it appears to be failing with downloading/installing .NET Framework. What versions of .NET Framework do you have installed? Depending on your response, you may want to uninstall .NET Framework 4.5 and up, then download 4.5 from this link and install prior to running the Autodesk installation again.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report