Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2008 - 32 bit- 64bit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
fergusoboyle
3556 Views, 8 Replies

Architecture 2008 - 32 bit- 64bit

Hi,

I have send a request to Autodesk in relation to my new PC

Autodesk,
I have recently purchased a new PC and wanted to install my AutoCad Architectural 2008 sofware but have been unable to load the software as the PC is 64bit and your AutoCad Software is 32bit . What do I need to do?

There responce was

We are able to provide the Physical Media for an eligible Previous Version (typically 3 versions back). The serial number ***-******  that you provided to us is attached to the license for the product AutoCAD Architecture 2008. Therefore, kindly put the comment in the Forums regarding your request and hopefully you will get the physical media or the download links for your software.

What do I do next ??

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi leothebuilder

thanks for the link.

I downloaded the software and proceeded to install the programme however I received the same error  

" PC is 64bit and your AutoCad Software is 32bit" 

Have I gone wrong somewhere ?

Message 4 of 9

Well....if you're PC is a 64bit system you should download and install 64 bit Autocad Architecture.......not the 32 bit version

Message 5 of 9

thanks leothe builder

do you have a link for 64bit version 

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: fergusoboyle

Err, I think you are up the proverbial river without a paddle friend... Go back to that link above and this time read the system requirements on that download page after to sign in, it says "32bit" everywhere.

Your Windows now needs to be 32bit if Microsoft's website offers no tips to do it otherwise with your 64bit. Or these guys might be able to sell you a fix http://www.longbowsoftware.com
Message 7 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

yea there was no Autocad Architecture 2008 64 bit back then

Autocad Architecture wasn't available for 64 bit until 2009

and to get 2008 to install on a 64 bit OS was to do this workaround

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/updated-workaround-instructions-for-64-bi...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

hi   i am vidya can i get the link for revit 2009 as i searched alot  as my pc supports 32 bit only this is my mail id vidyamakehappy@gmail.com

Message 9 of 9

@vidyamakehappy

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

First  you shouldn't really share your personal information here in an open forum.

Next that version of Revit is retired and no longer supported by Autodesk.  There's no live download for it.   If you never owned in the past you will not get a version of it.  In addition if you're a student you are not entitled to that version either.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report