Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Manager 5.0 updates + general update management query

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
matttester
11000 Views, 17 Replies

Application Manager 5.0 updates + general update management query

Hello

(Part 1)

I have been charged with implementing Application Manager in our environment, for better or worse it is considered to be the best way to ensure that the 7 major Autodesk products installed in various configuratoins on our 200+ machines up to date. As such I have been performing tests using a pair of virtual machines running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 on a Windows 8.1 host. Both machines have been running Application Manager 4.0.69.0.

This morning I attempted to resume my testing but received the following message from both machines, stating that the version had been retired.

AutodeskAppManRetired.JPG

There doesn't seem to be a way to check for an upgrade manually. Previously Application manager has automatically upgraded, for example from version 3, with no issues.

Surprised, I installed Application Manager 4 on my Windows 8.1 machine. Once started, it prompts for an update and seems to do it successfully (I have no autodesk products on my machine). I have since tested on several other Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 machines with the same results, the Windows 7 machines never prompt for updates. Other than the IT machines which run Windows 8 solely for compatibility with Windows 2012 R2 servers, all machines run Windows 7 and will require updates in the future.

Fortunately Application Manager is not rolled out yet or we might have a mess on our hands!

I'm also concerned that the update appears to have been released without the release notes being added to the Help section, or a download for the new version being available (I can only find a download for version 3!). I can't update these machines and get on with testing Application Manager now.

(Part 2)

Regarding the general method of ditributing updates to machines, I have been managing updates via the Autodesk Account portal. This has an option to 'ignore' updates, which I believed would stop an update from being available to machines. This doesn't seem to be the case.

Could someone please explain the function of the 'ignore' button in the portal, or should I just ignore the ignore button and manage distribution of updates using access control?

UpdateIgnoreOption.JPG

Many thanks

Matt

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
camilo.lemos
in reply to: matttester

Hi @matttester and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

We are aware of this issue and the Application Manager is working on it.

We'll keep you posted via this topic as soon as we have more info.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 18

I have the same issue, app mgr saying its outdated and will not update automatically.

rob

Message 4 of 18

Rob

There is a second thread going about this I have been posting in, with help I found a direct link for to download and update manually.

http://download.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/Updates/AppManager/5_0_142_0/AdApplicationManager-installer.ex...

Matt

Message 5 of 18

Thanks Matt, thats exactly what I was looking for all morning.

Works!

r

Message 6 of 18
clayon
in reply to: robert_szykowski

Rob,

Did the update work for you? I have the same issue this morning. Let me know if this is a fix.

Camelo. Will there be some kind of a notification from Autodesk confirming how they want users to go about fixxing this issue?

Message 7 of 18
robert_szykowski
in reply to: clayon

Yes, installed no issues.

Earlier this morning I found, what turned out to be an older version. That did not installed, saying that it is older than whats already installed. But the download, from the link, from Matt worked like a charm.

Good luck Camelo!

r

Message 8 of 18
DarrenP

you can also get the update from your media

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Applica...

its also in the same location for 2016 media

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
ckibby

so very glad I found this thread. Been going nuts for the last 30 minutes with this very issue. worked yesterday on installs and today it is broken. At least I know I did not break it.

after the morning we have had here today with the network this almost drove me to drink more Mt. Dew than i should.

Message 10 of 18
superman24101994
in reply to: ckibby

Hi, Plz try to uninstall App manager manually (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AppManager\R1\removeAdAppMgr) and install new version
Message 11 of 18
clayon

Thanks Rob, Camelo and everyone. The download and install works.

Message 12 of 18
DMagill
in reply to: clayon

Autodesk just pushed through the update via the Application Manager, and it updates itself now. At least, it worked in my case without the clean uninstall/reinstall.

Message 13 of 18
ckibby

very glad that Autodesk got this fixed it seems. Makes the start of the day much nicer. thank you folks that also had answers to this issue

Message 14 of 18
BrujosPage
in reply to: ckibby

Good morning ...

In my case, the problem is still present ...

I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, as usual

Message 15 of 18
klbosch
in reply to: BrujosPage

Good Morning. I had the same issue after uninstall / reinstall but once I restarted my system the new install finished and the application manger functions as desired
Message 16 of 18
erik.gaudin

Thanks for the link... it fix my issue also...

I got error message since the latest Autocad update.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi, I have this problem with my autocad.

I got this message:

Autodesk Application Manager

Unable to run Application Manager, It appears Autodesk Application Manager Service is not available. Please close all other instances and retry.

The program opens but doesn't perfrom any function at all. It doesnt even close. The only way that it works is if I restart the computer. 

Please can anyone help me with this problem? I will appreciate it.

I attach my screen messages. 

thank you!

Cecilia

Message 18 of 18
David_Metcalf
in reply to: Anonymous

Ceclia,

Check this link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

Let us know if this came too late to help or if it works for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report