Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIDA, the Autodesk® Installation Diagnostic Assistant

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
asburyj
17301 Views, 26 Replies

AIDA, the Autodesk® Installation Diagnostic Assistant

We are proud to announce the release of the Autodesk® Installation Diagnostic Assistant. If you have received a “Some products Failed to install” message after running the installer for an Autodesk software, AIDA can read your installation log files and provide assistance in identifying the root cause and providing a suggested solution. You can find more information about this tool as well as a download link in the article linked below.

www.autodesk.com/aida

Jeffry Asbury
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Well its because you cleaned up your temp folder like I asked you to..  Smiley Wink

You need to run the installation again.. But just do this

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

If that doesn't work then you will need to post the installation log file.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 27

I'm really sorry to have let you waste your time.

It was my antivirus who made the mess!
Now I properly installed AutoCAD.

Thanks from Italy,

Emanuele

Message 23 of 27

HellIo, I'm trying to download the student version of AutoCAD. I got as far as having my email verified. I copied the http>>>>>>>5lines into browser. Each time I push arrow, it deletes. I need help. 

R Morgan NY Inst. of Art and Design

Message 24 of 27

@ruthmeredithmorgan

Welcome to the community...

Just download and install using the Autodesk VIrtual Agent or

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 25 of 27
norbertogemora
in reply to: asburyj

i got the following error logs from aida: 

Permissions Error Summary

The following permissions errors were encountered. Please review the details below in this file
---One or more registry keys could not be opened for write
---One or more directories are read-only

i am logged as admin, i hope somebody can help me on this thank you...

Message 26 of 27

That's doesn't give us much to go on... Can you post the installation log found in the %temp% directory? Also, consider creating a new post.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 27 of 27
lmgasson
in reply to: asburyj

Hi All,

Please find attached 2015 install/setup failure.

I've cleared the temp files and ensured my firewall settings are correct.

I also have Revit installed.

See attached also ive chat transcript from Autodesk.

I'm thinking that it's got something to do with the .NET framework and compatibility with C++.

Windows 10 has allot of problems with visual basic code execution.

I'd rather not revert back to windows 8!

The AIDA does not work on my computer.

The AIDA error says it's looking for a 32bit Python folder which doesn't exist on my C drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report