Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Collection Single-User License Type

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
615 Views, 3 Replies

AEC Collection Single-User License Type

Ok... so I purchased a 2 Single-User 1 month of AEC Collection.

I am currently building a deployment for AutoCAD MEP 

I have the serial number and product code that applies to AutoCAD MEP (2017 in this case) that I download from this AEC Collection.

There are 3 license types... two of which should apply in my opinion.

The first requires a user to sign-in when starting up the product. But building the deployment with this option... there is no place to enter the Serial Number and Product Code. (This does not appeal to me at all). I've understood that as autodesk software manager I need to create a NAME-USER that applies.

The second is for Single-User where I can enter serial number and product code.

I really do not want the user to have to login when they run this... so I tried the second option... the AutoCAD MEP 2017 Serial Number I have is confirmed when I enter it... but the product shows a Red X...

(This thing that Autodesk is doing to us really sucks - but I am honestly trying to make the best of it)

Am I stuck with having to force the user to login...?  And, why isn't the NAME-USER on-line enough?!!!!

... or am I missing something!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@mdhutchinson

The three options, sign in, serial #, network...

Sign in:  Means for people who are running in a trial of the application or you have been issued a CLIC (cloud based license) with no serial # issued.

Serial #:  For all standalone license (perpetual or single user term)

Network:  Network license.

So in your case you need to do serial #/product key and assign the user the benefit to use the entire collection (not just a single application within the collection).  Then the user upon first launch will log in and after that point shouldn't need to log in.

With collection..  You use the Collection Serial # but the product key is based on the individual product that you're installing.

Hope that helps..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4

I tried the Serial Number and Product Key for AutoCAD MEP 2017 found under AEC Collection . The Serial Number was accepted... but the Product Key was not.

What you say makes some sense... "Use the Serial Number from the AEC Collection... but the Product Key for the individual Product."

I am looking... but for the life of me, I DO NOT FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE COLLECTION.

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 4

what you said was dead on.

I had mistakenly snagged the wrong product key which of course was refused by the Deployment tool.

Once I double checked and corrected my mistake... I was rolling again.

Additionally, the user did have to login the very first time. Several restarts proved that was the case.

Thanks Mark!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report