Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC collection borrow license problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
amir3dtech
653 Views, 4 Replies

AEC collection borrow license problem.

Did anybody using AEC collection network license having problem when borrow license? Here are the situations - we purchase 2 aec license and use it as network license, on top of that we also have one abdsu 2017 as network license.

Problem is when one user borrow license on his pc for autocad and revit for example, it will consume two license. So another user cannot open his aec collection product because we only have 2 seat of license for aec.

This problem only happen when borrowing license. If user just open the software it will consume only 1 license per pc even if he open multiple software at one time. But once he borrow, it will consume 1 license per software. Different from abdsu where when i borrow it will consume 1 license for all software.

Please help me to solve this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: amir3dtech

@amir3dtech

Welcome to the community!

That's strange behavior for sure! Just curious to know, when the user have both applications opened at the same time, check Help > About to see if both applications are using the same type of license. Then, check LMTOOLS > Server Status tab and click Perform Status Enquiry to see if the user is pulling 2 licenses. <-- Also, post the log file so we can review it.

As a workaround, I would suggest opening one application then borrow the license. Have the user close the application and disconnect from the network. Once they're disconnected, check LMTOOLS again to see if there's 2 licenses out. If not, the borrow license is working as expected and you should have the user launch the software while off the network to see if the application still works on the borrowed license.

FYI, collection licenses are used up first, so if the user is opening a vertical AutoCAD application as AutoCAD ( like AutoCAD Civil 3D as AutoCAD ) it will consume a collection license because Civil 3D doesn't exists in Building Design Suite.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 5
amir3dtech
in reply to: Darin.Green

Sorry for late reply. When user open 1 application for example autocad, then borrow the license. When he disconnect from network only autocad can be open. Revit and other software cannot open.

Message 4 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: amir3dtech

@amir3dtech

No worries.

Have the user open the highest available application... In this case Revit, then borrow the license.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 5 of 5
amir3dtech
in reply to: Darin.Green

Same result. If user borrow revit, when disconnect only revit can be open. Other software will popup find network license window. The only way user can open revit and autocad is to open revit then borrow and open autocad then borrow. But then it will consume 2 license.
Its weird because when open software, user can open as many software that he install and status from lmtools only show his pc consume 1 license. But when borrow it not behave like abdsp or abdsu where when user borrow license from autocad for example and then disconnect from network, all software in the suite will also be borrow.

Hope you understand my explanation as english is not my 1st language.

Sent from my iPad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report