Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding users in a desktop subscription not working

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
theromit
503 Views, 8 Replies

Adding users in a desktop subscription not working

I signed up for Revit LT suite desktop subscription 2 days ago and was able to install and activate the product using the same email address/Autodesk ID as the one I used to purchase the subscription.

Today when I tried to start Revit LT 2015, I got a message that I need permission from administrator.

When I go to User Management section I see no users, and when I try to create a new user, the dialog disappears after I enter the email, first name and last name and no user is created.

It has been quite a frustrating experience getting this going. Hope someone can help here.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
camilo.lemos
in reply to: theromit

Hi @theromit ,

I've replied to your tweet @AutodeskHelp and will continue working on this issue with your via Twitter.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 9
aandreas16

Did you have any luck here? I have experienced the same issues with AutoCAD LT 2015. Worked fine last Friday when I registered/activated. As you stated I get the same message when opening my application - (contact your administrator etc..), and when looking to assess my 'user permissions' settings I look to add a user and it is unresponsive. 

Message 4 of 9
aandreas16
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Sir. My issues are regarding AutoCAD LT 2015, I wonder if you could help. It worked fine last Friday when I registered/activated. Now when opening the software I get the same message - 'contact your administrator  for permission to use etc..', and when looking to assess my 'user permissions' settings I look to add a user and it is unresponsive. It is pretty frustrating for me having only paid for the desktop subscription last Friday. 

My case number is 10484945 - Registration & Activation. I can't seem to get any help on the matter for a full day now. The accesibility to technical help hasn't been great, far from it in fact. I've waited all day for an online representative to be available (still no luck there), put a case forward via email in the morning (still awaiting a response there). No numbers seem to be available to call either. Overall I'm just left pretty irritated and I hoped you could be of assistance, or at least point me in the direction that doesn't send me in more circles.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: aandreas16

Hi @aandreas16 - I never heard back from you on twitter! Were you able to get everything figured out? Please let us know! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 9
aandreas16

Hi Jessica. I haven't heard back regarding my case via email yet no. And still no luck with the software, I'm having the same problem unfortunately.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: aandreas16

I am having the same problem and am dead in the water trying to get projects finished.  Someone from Autodesk needs to fix this IMMEDIATELY.

Message 8 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @aandreas16 - I just circled back to have another representative review your case. Apologies for the wait!

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

I have just emailed the customer service team who will review your case as soon as possible. I apologize for the wait, please let me know if you need anything else in the meantime. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 9
aandreas16
in reply to: jessica.t

All sorted now thanks I eventually spoke to a representative who could offer a service. I had to really push for even a response as it really didn't seem as though anyone else other than yourself was interested in getting me assistance. I was told at one stage to wait up to 2 days for a response.. I only purchased this on Friday!

In the end it was due to my User ID not being properly tied to the licence, which needed correcting. I really feel bad for anyone else who has this problem because it took one and a half days to get a response and about two and a half seconds to rectify..

Thanks for your chasing Jessica.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report