Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
wvyhonsky
225 Views, 4 Replies

Adding License

Hi, We have a network version of Land Desktop 3, with 6 seats. We got a new employee and wish to add another seat.

My reseller is telling me this could take a week or more, as he would have to order the software, have it shipped to him, and then he would ship to us, then we would authorize the new license. Isn't there a easier way to do this? I don't even need more software, just another auth. code to put into my license file.

Please let me know if there is another process, and I apoligize if this is not the right group to ask. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbounds
in reply to: wvyhonsky

Your right, you don't need more software. What you need is a new CD-Key from autodesk so you can register online and get the license info by email. Takes a day at the most (if your company has an account already with Autodesk). I did this with Inventor.

Dan
Message 3 of 5
dbounds

I didn't mean new CD-KEY but you just re-register the same serial number online (after you bought the additional seats) and it should show that you have x amount of licenses, reflecting your new purchace.
Dan
Message 4 of 5
wvyhonsky

Thanks!

They're going to let me know when I can obtain my new seat without waiting for software.

By any chance is buying an addional seat cheaper than buying a whole new package. I just want to make sure I didn't pay too much.

Thanks again
Bill
Message 5 of 5
dbounds

It's the same price. If your buying a new seat and not an upgrade. We have 6 seats of Inventor and only one Box with the Documentation and CD's. Last time we upgraded 10 seats of Mechancial Desktop 5 (over 1 1/2 ago) we recieved 10 whole packages full docs and CD's with the nice big box. I guess it seems your getting something for what you paid for when you see a pallet of Autodesk boxes coming in.

No one reads the manuals anyway even the online ones. As CAD manager I always use them. Both written and online. And I try to get the designers to use the online manuals and help system.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report