Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Screen is Blank

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ngulezian
15443 Views, 16 Replies

Activation Screen is Blank

Whenever I try to activate my product (Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011), a blank window pops up with two radio buttons on it (see attachment).  I cannot do anything except for select between the two radio buttons.  Can you please help me activate my product?

THANKS.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: ngulezian

look here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
alison.gangler

Please check the following Technical Solution to see if the information provided is of help to you:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=6404339&siteID=123112

The general cause of this issue could be due to scripting being disabled on the machine. Please reply if this information does not resolve the issue.

Alison Gangler, Autodesk Product Support

1408i5506B02A429216FF

Alison Gangler
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 17
ChuckEdwards

I'm finding this as well with a different Autodesk product, and there are only so many times you can ensure scripting is enabled in the registry and that you can run regsvr32 jscript.dll.

Browser and internet explorer settings are obviously all scripting enabled, I've even tried disabling my internet security completely (going offline obviously) and still a blank window.

Seems to be a bigger problem here which Autodesk aren't addressing?

Message 5 of 17
ngulezian

My problem is now fixed!!  Smiley Very Happy

(The registry entries suggested were already in place, so that was a waste of time; it was worth checking, though.)

When I ran "regsvr32 jscript.dll" & "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" from C:\Windows\SysWow64 it did NOT fix my problem...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT...

When I ran them from C:\Windows\System32 my problem went away!!  Smiley Very Happy

(Because I had the activation window already open, I had to refresh the window [right-click - Refresh or F5 key])

Bottom line (My deduction)...  Even though I am running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista, I am still using the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer (my default browser), which is what the activation window/applet is using.

Anyway, as I said, I'm all set now...  So, give it a shot and let me know how YOU make out.

THANKS!!

Philip  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 17
ChuckUk

I'm having the same problems. Windows 7-64 bit, unfortunately none of the solutions here are working, even the last one which sounded promising.

I'd go to the reseller but from experience the first place they turn to is here...

Message 7 of 17
ChuckEdwards
in reply to: ChuckUk

Solution that I have found is to create another user account with management rights, this new, blank account doesn't seem to have whatever blocks that Windows 7 has decided are necessary and the activation process can go ahead.

Is it it me or does Windows 7 seem to want to drive your "software experience" in whatever direction Microsoft wants, for good or ill, treating you (the PC owner) as an unwanted and annoying passenger to be disregarded in the process or working out which direction to go?

Message 8 of 17

Adding second user with admin. capacity on win 7 works for activating software.

Message 9 of 17
kaystudy

Im sorry. Im not good in command code script or something. But i follow all the instruction have given but still can't make it.

If there others solution that can help this problem.

Im using Windows XP. SP3

Already editting RegistryEdit (as instruction) but still nothing happen

Message 10 of 17
cro123
in reply to: kaystudy

I got the same problem with Autodesk Maya 2011.

I can't activate it because the same screen apears. Its exscualy the web site and in that window was put in internet explorer part but there is an error in that site.

Message 11 of 17
jmneil

Had the same problem. Couldn't activate program.. Took the advice of Chuck and created another user ID with administrator rights. Worked a charm. Many thanks. 

Message 12 of 17
shehzad91919191

Oh! Smiley Very Happy Thank, Yes.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

This REALLY worked for me.
You Just have to make a "Backup" of "zones" so that you can UNDO it, If you do it incorrectly or wrong. Becarefull & don't rush. And everything will be fine.
Thanks Again.

Message 13 of 17
gita.g
in reply to: jmneil

Hey,

I tried every solution but nothing worked for me. Please help!

Message 14 of 17
Lukus272

I really need help with this problem a.s.a.p... Could anyone give me a simplified (non-advanced user) way of fixing it?

Message 15 of 17
wilkesreid
in reply to: Lukus272

Download Google Chrome here.

Open the activation page, the one that shows up blank, and right click and click "properties".

Copy the "Address(url)" box and paste it into Chrome.

That should work.

Message 16 of 17
tribeca
in reply to: wilkesreid

The solution for me was opening one of the html files in IE directly (path can be found in the properties window (context menu) and allow the execution of the activeX element.

Afterwards i reloaded the content of the activation dialog (opened all the time) and it worked.

Message 17 of 17
danielkiss1988

Thank you Phillip.

This was the solution for me. It's working. 🙂 Thanks to you.

Regards,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report