Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation requires internet connection - No activation possible

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
f.cornelius
11375 Views, 5 Replies

Activation requires internet connection - No activation possible

Me and my co-worker switched to 2 new laptops today.

All software installed, with some minor workarounds to which we are known, but we're not possible to activate any product from any version of our AEC collections.

We keep getting the reply that an internet connection is required. We both have an internet connection.

I've made a hotspot with my phone to exclude any settings from the company network (which aren't much), but that was to no avail.

I've followed every guideline possible that can be found on the knowledgebase. I've checked with TELNET which made a good connection.

We've been fiddling about trying to find any answers, but nothing works. It would be very helpfull to get this software working as we both earn a living using the software.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
p_wijgergangs
in reply to: f.cornelius

Got this message while trying to activate revit 2018

The license server is temporarily unavailable.

What to do now??

Message 3 of 6
Darin.Green

This should help get your application working. Assuming you have a valid serial number/contract.

1. On your computer, navigate to:
    • ​​C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<product key>_<<product version>>\
  2. Delete the LGS.data file.
  3. Navigate to
    • C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\
  4. Delete the ADUT folder and it's contents
  5. Start the application.

When you start the application, it will Prompt you to choose one of the following:

• Login - 30 day trial licenses
  • Serial Number - Standalone and Single-User activations
  • Network - Network License server for obtaining licenses from a machine on your network

Choose the option that matches your license. 

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 6
kurt
in reply to: Darin.Green

Has anyone tried this. It is just my skeptical nature but this solution seems kind of random and I don't want to mess anything up. Darin.Green, have you have this exact problem yourself today and did this fix it for you? There are several other threads with people having the same problem all at once here.

Message 5 of 6
kurt

I read in another thread that you had given up for the day, but mine has resolved itself just in the past few minutes. So perhaps you can still give it another go. Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
f.cornelius
in reply to: kurt

Yeah indeed. My coworker phoned me that his software was working again. Unfortunatly it was already 21.00h and I was in desperate need of some weekend Smiley Happy Luckely the problem solved itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report