Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error Code 10

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
199 Views, 2 Replies

Activation Error Code 10

I recently purchased a new laptop computer...I followed all the instructions for transferring my AutoCAD LT 2009 license from my old laptop to the new one and received codes from AutoCAD for registering the program on the new laptop.  I was able to open the program on the new laptop that day (about a month ago) but now I get an error code 10 "maximum activations exceeded"...I've re-entered the codes but still no luck.

I have the program installed on my desktop computer (which works) and used to be able to use the program on my old laptop without any problems...as I said I followed the license transfer instructions for transferring the license and received confirmation of success and then deleted the program from my old laptop...now I can't repeat the process since the old laptop is scrubbed of all old info.

My original license allowed for two installs so I don't know what to do now...Autodesk will not allow any questions...tries to get me to upgrade to a new subscription which I don't want to do since I rarely need the program but do like the convenience of having the program available when I'm away from my office.

Ant suggestions???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

For the error code 10, try following the instructions here to Manually Activate & Register your AutoCAD LT license.

Alternatively, you may also submit a web request from the Autodesk Digital Concierge.

I hope this information helps, let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Autodesk provides support for current version & three versions back (2014 through 2017) + newly released 2018.

Please note that any older unsupported versions can become unavailable at any time & may not function on a newer operating systems. Please review the system requirements before attempting to download & install. You can try the basic prepare your system for download & install. 

Thank you for posting. Smiley Happy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report