Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Autocad 360

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
craiglang1
281 Views, 3 Replies

Activation Autocad 360

How do you activate AutoCad LT 2016 on a new computer?  I purchased AutoCad 360 in August 19, 2016

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: craiglang1

@craiglang1

Welcome to the community...

Your purchased AutoCAD 360 on a certain date..  Why do you think your get AutoCAD LT?  They are 2 separate programs.. Actual AutoCAD 360 is a cloud based product..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
craiglang1
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Dear Mark

Thank you for your comments.  I got everything working.  My AutoCad Invoice said "AutoCad LT with Advanced Support $360/yr"  It never mentioned AutoCad 360.  Last Saturday night my A/C unit in the attic overflowed and dripped on my laptop keyboard and destroyed my laptop and hard drive.  the main drain clogged, the overflow drain was also clogged from a dirt dobbers nest inside the pipe and the electrical float switch on the overflow pan also failed.  My laptop was on and open.  About a cup of water dripped out right on the center of the keyboard and shorted the laptop and destroyed my 256Gb Solid State Drive.  Talk about bad luck!  I sent my SSD drive to Fields Data Recovery and initial observation does not look good for any recovery.  Naturally I hadn't backed-up in 6 months.  I am a retired Architect and only use AutoCad for personal work, my Church and have provided the site layout for the Texas Crab Festival for 5 years.  I never charge for any Architectural services. 

Is it possible to get my dashboard/interface from my old AutoCad 360.  Could I copy my old backed-up file dashboard/interface to my new download so my cammands would be in same location and look the same as it did before my laptop crash?

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: craiglang1

@craiglang1

You keep mentioning AutoCAD 360... But it doesn't sound like you have it..

AutoCAD 360 is a cloud based AutoCAD product..  The 360 you stated is the price you paid to get it so stop calling it AutoCAD 360.  You have AutoCAD LT, which is a totally different AutoCAD product  Smiley Wink

If you can get certain files of the failed hard-drive and etc than yes you can restore your existing AutoCAD LT GUI interface.

Update:  Also sorry to hear about what happened to your laptop..  Smiley Sad

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report