Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD LT 15 Free trial wont run

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
792 Views, 15 Replies

ACAD LT 15 Free trial wont run

Capture.PNG

Downloaded LT free trial, tried to run. Same message. Shut down through task manager. Tried again. Same message. Uninstalled all LT files. Re-downloaded and still same thing. Contacted sales rep at imagineit- she suggested screen capture and email support@autodesk.com, which apparently doesn't exist. So if i decide to purchase LT, is my only support option a message board? 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

It depends if you are planning to purchase a perpetual license or desktop subscription.

With the former, you'll need to also purchase maintenance subscription.
With the latter, you can choose between basic and advanced support.

These options will give you the ability to submit questions directly to the Autodesk Support Staff.

See: http://www.autodesk.com/store/autocad-lt

Now back to your issue. What O/S are you running? Were there any install errors or issues? There should be an install log in the %temp% folder. Can you zip and upload that?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

windows 7

no install errors or messages.

will try and zip install log. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

I think its attached. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Based on this level of service I am not sure purchasing auto cad is a great idea. 

Message 6 of 16
ToddRogers-WPM

Try the link below.  9 times out of 10, it is the portion of this link that will have you change a registry key value.  However, it could be one of the others listed on that page as well.  

Don't get discouraged and NOT purchase the software based on answers you get here.  We are here to help our fellow Autodesk users.  We don't get paid for being on here.  We just enjoy helping out.  When you purchase the software, you will probably maintain support through the reseller in which you purchase the software through.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-app...

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 16
TravisNave

Usually when I see this error, it is caused by a corruption of sorts with the .NET Framework.  I would recommend you start by trying to fix it first. 

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks guys. Just a little frustrated as the person, sales rep at imagineit, suggested the support@autodesk.com and that doesn't exist. I appreciate the help though. Will attempt the links provided asap. 

Again thank you. 

Duncan

Message 9 of 16
nestly2

I'm curious at what point you recieved that error?  The screenshot indicates that you're logged in, and it's also using a "Classic" workspace, which is not included in AutoCAD2015, so that seems to indicate that either you migrated settings from a previous version, or it was running long enough to customize the workspace.

If it's in an unusable state anyway, you may try Resetting AutoCAD to Defaults  <-- LINK  If it's a problem caused by migration of previous settings, this may be all that's needed to get running.

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

double click icon. program begins to load. as it gets to about that screen shot a series of similar error messages pop up. but the program is frozen. only closed by ending program in task manager. 

But now that you mention it, I have been running 04 lt. wonder if thats messing with 15?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

So that was improvement but still unusable. I could actually move mouse over drawing area, but no other program function. still couldn't close it either. might try uninstalling 04. 

Message 12 of 16
nestly2

AutoCAD generally works fine when installed along with other versions, but not so much when you use the Migration tools to import settings from older versions which I assume you must have chosen to do during the first attempt to run based on the "Classic" style workspace.  I personally don't think uninstalling 2004 will have any affect on whether 2015 runs, just don't try to migrate your 2004 setting to 2015.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Nestly2- you are correct, remvoing 04 LT had no effect. 

Message 14 of 16
TravisNave

He might be right though in the fact that if you migrated previous settings
it could have broken it. Might try a clean reinstall of LT again now.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Another person showed me the link to restore factory defaults which I did, which is what created the marginal improvement. Spoke with semi-customer support, actually sales, they said something to the effect that once free trial is downloaded and there is any problem uninstalling and downloading again won't help anything. 

Again thanks for the suggestions. 

Message 16 of 16
rkmcswain

nestly2 wrote:

AutoCAD generally works fine when installed along with other versions, but not so much when you use the Migration tools to import settings from older versions....

In understand the intent of this tool, but I've yet to hear of one success story.

Every time I hear of someone using the migration tools, it causes more problems than it fixes. They really created their own monster by storing things in so many different places and different formats, and by allowing so many ways of doing things. I can certainly understand how challenging it is to truly "migrate" settings.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report