Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A software problem has caused Revit 2017 to close unexpectedly.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
9278 Views, 5 Replies

I am trying to launch Revit 2017, and I receive the same error each time I try to launch: " A software problem has caused Revit 2017 to close unexpectedly."  I have tried to send a report to Autodesk and they sent to me an update file, I installed it but still the same message appears. 

I have tried to reinstall alot of times. And i tried with at new autodesk user. But its still the same. Can any one help? 

Udklip.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

First welcome to the community..

Next the image of the Autodesk Crash Report is useless to us.  I know that you sent the report information to Autodesk, but if you like I can review your crash report and hopefully I can pin point your problem.   Please private message me if you want me to review your crash report.   To private message me, hover over my aviator and select send message.  Once I see your PM I will tell you your next step.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
dembkod

I see you are crashing and that you have already uninstalled. However, there may be problems with the residuals that you did not know about. I would suggest the following:

• Uninstall through the control Panel
  • Uninstall all the Microsoft C++ redistributables through the Control Panel (There will be multiple)
  • Look for and delete the residual folders from the Revit install. You will likely find Revit Folders here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Program Name

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared

C:\Users\YOUR USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk

C:\Users\YOUR USERID\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

• Clean your temp folder as best as you can, reboot, turn off Antivirus and then install Revit

This should give you a pretty clean installation. At this stage I would also update the graphics drivers – can’t hurt.

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Just to add to this. Try reviewing the steps below usually this message is associated with one of these issues. Conduct one step and proceed to the other if it does not resolve it. 

1. Make sure you have an updated graphics card driver by checking the manufacturer's website (Assign the correct Graphics Card - Step #8)
  2. Check the Operating System needed & the required updates by reviewing the system requirement for the software 
  3. Update your product with the latest service pack or Hotfixes by visiting the Autodesk website or account
  4. Locate the install log or Control Panel for Microsoft Visual C++ have properly installed (try repair or uninstall & reinstall)
  5. Reboot the computer
  6. If the above does not resolve the issue continue & try Clean Uninstall of the product and try a browser download via Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts) and install the product again

Thank you for posting. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Have you resolved the issue?  I hope you were able to resolve this error message with a suggestion that was provided. If not please let us know how you are doing and if you need some more help. Thanks. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I had a similar issue on my Autodesk programs, and I came to find out it was a Microsoft.NET Framework 4.7 update behind it all. So if you see the same update around the time the error happened, you may want to uninstall the update version and reinstall version Microsoft.NET Framework 4.62. And wait for version 7.1 or higher before you update this version.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report