Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DSMAX installation fail

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pologijs1
269 Views, 2 Replies

3DSMAX installation fail

dear sir/madam

when i run the installation it starts normal but after sometime it stops and says fail to install.

in the attachment i did include the log for the setup maybe this will help you come to a solution

kind regards,

Gijs Schuurman

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: pologijs1

pologijs1,

Hello and thank you for the log. It looks like you had an issue with the method of installation. There may have been an internet drop/burp and it looks like it may have failed as a result. Since we know this method produced a failure for you, let's have you switch to a different method. If you continue to have issues, it will be easier in the future, because you won't have to keep worrying about a download. 

Let's go to the Virtual Agent and download the installer from there: Virtual Agent

The educational version you were downloading is the exact same program as the Virtual Agent, and this will give you a full download. Download all parts for your product and double click part one and see if you install.

As a general rule, close competing programs and I would turn off Antivirus during the install as well. That usually helps.

Thanks for visiting our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: dembkod

@pologijs1

Welcome to the community..

Although @dembkod has pointed you in the right direction..  I want to add the following..

Your installation is simply failing due to the method (web installer) you're using.  This method is unreliable and shouldn't be used. 

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Although you were probably unaware of this, but when you post or share stuff here, please make sure it doesn't include your personal information such as your serial #. This is a world wide user forum and that type of info should not be included in your posting. Granted the installation log file helped us to determine your root cause (but it did contain your serial #)... So in the future remove or blur it out before posting. I will have the moderator remove it in order to protect your information.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report