Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsMax 2016 with SP3 + Extension 2 is showing 18.0 instead of 18.2

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dennis.ritterL8LKS
761 Views, 6 Replies

3dsMax 2016 with SP3 + Extension 2 is showing 18.0 instead of 18.2

Hi there,

after the successful installation I still see that 18.0 is used instead of 18.2.

I checked it in the about of 3dsmax.

In the apps there are still 18.0 next to 18.2 (I believe it's because 0.2 mean Extension 2).

I am looking for Extension 2 to squash a bug. And I am still experiencing the bug with the version 18.0.

I am thankful for any help,

~Dennis

PS There is an error at startup. Unsure if it's connected or not.

lic info.png3dsmax18-0nextTo18-2.PNG

error3dsMaxStartup.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@dennis.ritterL8LKS

Never post information where your serial number is visible. Next time try blurring it from your image.

In regards to the issue, the gamerexporter file seem to be missing critical information. Please rename the GamerExporter.dlu and run a repair on the 3DS Max so the file can be rebuilt.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Hello @dennis.ritterL8LKS,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please review the read me file for the updates before installing it, it states to first install the SP2 Dated Dec. 2015 then the Ext2 Dated Dec 2015 for 3ds Max 2016. Plugins are version specific checking the requirements & Read Me file may help to resolve this issue. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7

@Darin.Green That's like super-embarrassing Smiley Embarassed. Thanks for pointing that out!

I actually tried to rename the file but to no avail.

@natasha.l I am able to find the Service Packs but could you show me where to download the extensions?

Thanks a lot for you support!

Message 5 of 7

I have included a screen shot of the Autodesk Account updates available for 3dsMax 2016. 

account_updates.png

3ds max 2016 SP2 & EXT2.png

Let us know how it goes. 

Message 6 of 7

@natasha.l

Thanks again. I should have told you that the license here comes without an Autodesk Account for the users :).

But we could at least get rid of the bug I mentioned by uninstalling the Extension and installing a new SP via the Autodesk Application Manager.

So we are now looking forward to get a single package for the Extension to install them in a proper order ;).

Regards,

~Dennis

Message 7 of 7

No problem thank you for returning to the community and letting us know. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report