Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
RIA3
236 Views, 2 Replies

3ds max

Hello ! I tried to install the version 3d s max 2015 free from the student packet and shows me before the installation the message 'the file does n't exist .exe.' what is the problem ? Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: RIA3

@RIA3

Welcome to the community.

Download and install per:

1a. Pre-2018 Version: Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.

1b. 2018 Version: See this posting

2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
RIA3
in reply to: RIA3

hello ! I follow all these steps and after the extraction was finished , the installation didn't start posting the message ''Extraction is complete. Installation could not be started. Please launch the installer manually. '' I  was pasted the links down . Thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report