Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max will not install (Monitor.exe)

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
Anonymous
124673 Views, 71 Replies

3ds Max will not install (Monitor.exe)

I have no idea what this monitor.exe is, but I cannot find it in the task manager to close it so I can install this program. Please help, my attempts to google solutions have failed.

71 REPLIES 71
Message 41 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried to kill Monitor.exe and it seemed to work but I got the same problem when I tried again. When I tried to exit the installer gave me an error about communication failure. I'm not doing anything that's going to mess up my computer just to get a free trial of this software. Please help! By the time I figure this out my free trial will be over and I didn't even get a chance to use it..

Message 42 of 72
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

To make your life easier..  Please go to the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.  Download all of the parts first (some applications may only have a single part to download) and then go to your download location.  Extract (double click) part 1 (or the single part download) and in a few seconds the extraction will start.   It will then prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk and once the extraction is finished the installation will start.  Also make sure you have admin rights, UAC is turned off and Anti-Virus temporary disabled prior to installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 43 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Didn't work. I got the same error. I also got an error mid install that there was a problem installing (my guess is because it hadn't extracted part 2 yet).

Message 44 of 72
Anonymous

Solved .
In windows 10 ,I just had to go to task manager ,go to details ,there was monitor.exe running ,an advanced system care icon ..END TASK ..that's it .Auto Desk resumed installation.
Message 45 of 72
Anonymous

I tried that, it resumed for about 30 seconds before failing and giving me a "communications error" message. When I retried I got the same prompt about Monitor.exe.
Message 46 of 72
Anonymous

Ok i solved this thx it took me a while though to figure out how to find the commandprompt (its hidden in windows 10) and how to run it as admin. I'm amazed by this to be honest. Autodesk and Microsoft both huge companies with endless resources why would they not make this installment easier? I have never experienced something like this during an installation of another program. This feels like something that would happen when you download some pirated software.
Message 47 of 72
alejandrocalonge
in reply to: philip.s

IT WORKED..! THANKS!
Message 48 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: roelv30

I am using windows 10 and this method worked in it, thanx alot.

Message 49 of 72
Anonymous

This does not work for me, even if I do it in command prompt. Apparantly the command itself works however the message still comes up. I've looked through the task manager and no such program is actually running. Whether I try and install it on my flash or my hard drive it just doesn'twork. I'm using windows 10 and this program has worked before,and I do remember this message coming up.

Message 50 of 72
Anonymous

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same problem however when I do the steps you have provided the problem is still occurring.. is there anything else I can do? I have windows 10.

Thank you!

Chantrice

Message 51 of 72
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that. Which steps have you taken? Have you tried disabling your antivirus and installing from the virtual agent? Please make sure to remove/clean uninstall your previous attempts. Have you tried the solutions by @Anonymous? Have you fully updated your system?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 52 of 72
Anonymous

Check if you have a program running for IObit called "Monitor.exe" I did, turned it off, Then it worked
Message 53 of 72
Anonymous

it worked for me.thanks

Message 54 of 72
Anonymous

But when i try that command the computer said is can not be turn off, why and how i can solve this problem?

Message 55 of 72
Anonymous

It worked for me thanks a lot!!

Run Cmd as Administrator and paste Taskkill /f /im monitor.exe 

Message 56 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: 2khanke

this process worked perfectly.. my computer is restarting at the moment after the install

I have window 7 professional

Message 57 of 72
Anonymous

"You can open Task Manger; click the 'Processes' tab & scroll down to 'monitor.exe' - select and end process. The install will resume."

this worked

Message 58 of 72
aamir.mustansir786

Go to Task Manager -> History -> kill monitor.exe process (this maybe being used by some software). Click OK on installation panel to proceed with installation.

Thanks,

Aamir

Message 59 of 72
Anonymous

It even work with WIN10 for 2018 3Ds.
Great thread!!

Message 60 of 72
Anonymous

thanks it's work 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report