Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS max version compatible with Intel HD Graphics 5300

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kasia.kuzawska
5123 Views, 8 Replies

3DS max version compatible with Intel HD Graphics 5300

Hello,

i've just installed 3ds max on windows 8.1 with Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300 Card.

It's not starting, i just see a splash screen for 1 second.

I checked graphics card requirements for 3ds max 2017 and unfortunately there is no my card on the list...

Is there a version of 3ds max that would be compatible with my card??

All other versions doesn't have a site with graphics card requirements available...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vusta
in reply to: kasia.kuzawska

well yours is an iGPU...ie...it's a built-in GPU on the chip...not a dedicated/discrete graphics card....

You should switch your max display to maybe OpenGL or a very basic one like Legacy 3D...but just wait for one of the official support staff to give you correct procedures.

(like Start>All Programs>Autodesk>Max2017>Change Graphics Mode)

Message 3 of 9

Hello @kasia.kuzawska and welcome to the community,

In a general sense, you aren't going to have a great time with Max using an integrated graphics card.  (I.E. - Built in.) This page can let you search per version for graphics hardware, but my recommendation is to buy a card that is better suited for 3D use if possible.  

Vusta is correct that trying other graphics modes can help here.  I have an article here with more information.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 9

Ok, i see...i'm not able to buy new graphics card for now...

Well, i tried with changing graphics card mode, but the same is happening when i try to start "Change graphics mode" - it just dissapears after 1 sec...

I'm afraid now, that graphics card is not the only problem 😞

Message 5 of 9

Hello @kasia.kuzawska,

Understood.  An incompatible card won't stop Max from loading I don't think, so I'm going to transfer this thread to Installation and Licensing to see if they can sort out your startup problems.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @kasia.kuzawska,

There are certain products the need heavier graphics card, not a basic system graphics card driver, do you know if you have an another graphics card on your systems like Nvidia or AMD?  

Check to see if you do and make sure you have an updated graphics card driver by checking the manufacturer's website & Assign the correct Graphics Card check Step #8 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @kasia.kuzawska,

I hope you were able to resolve the issue and you are up and running. Please let us know. 

Message 8 of 9
kasia.kuzawska
in reply to: natasha.l

I don't have any other graphics card on my system, so this advice doesn't helped me at all.

Message 9 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @kasia.kuzawska,

Please review these common solutions that may help you resolve the issue with the loading/hanging and limited splash screen. 

You can try to run through these steps: 

1. Change or reset licensing on your 2017 software & launch the product to try and activate 
  2. If the above did not work conduct a Clean Uninstall use MSfixitTool to complete the uninstall 
  3. Disable security software & Use "Browser Download" Method from Autodesk Account 

You may have already attempted but just in case: 

3ds Max fails to start up properly after installation

3ds Max - Performance settings

Keep us posted. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report