Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

3DS Max 2017 install Error

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
25499 Views, 18 Replies

3DS Max 2017 install Error

I can't seem to install 3DS Max. I've tried many times now, and it just hasn't worked. It has to do with the Microsoft Visual C++ things, but I don't know how to fix it. I've tried uninstalling ALL Microsoft Visual C++ versions, so that 3DS Max, can  install them hopefully properly and solve my problem, however that has not worked even after a full restart. I have provide the log, so you may take a look at that, and please help me if you can, I would really like to start learning 3DS Max.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello spoo9439 and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need help uninstalling - or have issues that may be addressed by uninstalling - an Autodesk product. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful: The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Uninstalling a Product

Once your product is uninstalled, please try downloading your Autodesk Software using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk productsā€”any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

I am trying to install not uninstall 3DS Max, and the Virtual Agent doesn't help because I am trying to install 3DS Max 2017.
Message 4 of 19
TravisNave

It seems to be failing on the materials library download.  There is no direct link to the 2017 libraries yet since the product is too new.  But you can try to download it manually from the install link in the log file:

http://edutrial.autodesk.com/NET17SWDLD/2017/3DSMAX/WI/{AFF5571E-F691-448C-903A-A634A851AA7B}/CM.tar...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

After I download the file, what do I do with it? Is there a specific directory I need to place it in?
Message 6 of 19
TravisNave

You might see if you can extract it and install it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

It is downloading as CM..tar.lsma2 so I can't extract the file. Can you upload it again, please?

Message 8 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community

This is a user based forum..  We have no ability to upload anything to the Autodesk site.

Are you downloading via the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature)?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

It worked, I successfully installed it, thank you. Downloading and installing via Autodesk Virtual Agent helped.

Message 10 of 19
batoryk.v

Hi, I have problem with instaling 3dsMax student lic. text me:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected"

I attach log and screen

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: batoryk.v

Hello,

I don't know what's happening but for days I am fighting with installing 3ds Max 2017. I followed all advices from different experts here from different threads, especially tips from TravisNave. I have read all that thread regarding 619 and 1603 issues(http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/some-products-fail-to-install-result-1603/td-p/...), but I am getting same error again and again... šŸ˜ž I have tried uninstalling C++ redistributables which caused problems, but nothing. Next time I kept all necessarily distributables, and tried to exclude them in setup.ini file(like Travis suggested), but nothing... šŸ˜ž Emtied the temp folder before new installations, also.

I downloaded install files via Virtual Agent, turned off UAC, disabled antivirus during installation, used Microsoft Fix It tool before every new installation.

I've included log file in attachment so if anyone from you guys could assist in solving this problem I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Here is the log file, after I ommit 2012 and 2013 C++ redistributables in setup.ini file.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Anyone could assist of what might cause this problem?

I still can't install 2017 version. šŸ˜ž šŸ˜ž

Message 14 of 19
ucsf_alan

@iskon Did you find a solution? I have the same issue.

Message 15 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ucsf_alan

@ucsf_alan

Welcome to the community...

Don't assume you have the same issue as the other user.  Each installation is unique to the user/machine/operating system.  Smiley Wink  You need to post your installation log file so we can determine what the issue is.  Please do that or I will assume its failing due to the method you're using...  So download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

after i downloaded the file what should i do?

Message 17 of 19

program quits immediately after launch   ..and im unable to find the log file

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Hi, I have problem with instaling 3dsMax 2018. text me:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected"

Message 19 of 19
TravisNave

You should post your installation log. Have you tried redownloading and
installing after a clean reboot?

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report