Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2016 Installation Failure

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Maderz1
30202 Views, 21 Replies

3DS Max 2016 Installation Failure

Hi, I've seen other users having similar issues when installing and have tried some suggested sollutions but no luck so far. Can anyone possibly help me out? I've attached the log files along with this post.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Maderz1

Hi @Maderz1 

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried using the other download methods available? In most cases, downloading a copy of the installer from the Virtual Agent helps resolve the error you are getting. Check out the information and instructions here on Downloading Software Using the Virtual Agent or the video here How to download your Autodesk Product using the Virtual Agent.

Also during download and installation, it is recommended that you temporarily disable your firewall, anti-virus, and UAC before proceeding with the download and installation. Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 22
Maderz1
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi Jeffrey

Thanks a lot for the information, the installtion using the Virtual Agent was successful. That was a great help.

Thanks again

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 22
ongseeusim

Hi, I cannot install using the solution you provided for 3ds max 2015 here:

Re: Can't install 3ds Max 2015

04-07-2015 10:40 AM in reply to: ongseeusim
Your issue is to do with C++ 2005,please refer to the following link...http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Uninstall C++ and try the installation again.

Is there any other solution?

Attached is my installation log.

Message 5 of 22
saddamali47
Message 6 of 22
deoriyav

install microsoft office and than install 3ds max coz of the .net. its help ful for me.

thank you 

vishal 

Message 7 of 22
JasonJasonLee

I find that the most efficient way to solve this problem is to turn off my firewall and anti-virus (i'm using McAfee). I even didn't try the virtual manager.

Message 8 of 22
david.ejila

Please I am encountering a problems with my 3ds max 2014 installation!it gives me an error and tells me something like"file not found autodesk\autodesk_3dsmax_2014_Efgjks_win64bit_dlm\3ds max 2014\Nsa_RTauth confirmed.HTML
Verify and make sure you can access the file."please what do I do?????I tried all I could
Message 9 of 22

david.ejila

Welcome to the community...

Review the verbiage under the line and follow those steps to download and install your product.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 22

I've tried the anti-virus/firewall options and no other methods seem appropriate. Can someone take a look and give me a hand please?

Attached is my installation log.

A reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading the message!

Chris

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 11 of 22

@chris.wynn95

Welcome to the community..

You lost network connection and its failing to download due to the method you're using.

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Second thing..  When posting and sharing information (like you installation log file)..  Make sure to blur out or remove your serial #.  This is a world wide public user forum and you just shared your serial # with everybody.  Smiley Wink   Granted the installation log file helped but just make sure information you provide doesn't include your personal info.  I will have the moderator remove it to protect your information.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 22
nicholas.post98

I can't install 3DS Max 2016 version. Here is my installation logs.

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 13 of 22

@nicholas.post98

First welcome to the community..

Second..  I guess you never read my posting and warning about posting your installation log file and to make sure it didn't contain your serial #..  Because you just shared your serial # with everybody..  Smiley Sad   I will have the moderator remove it to protect your information.

Final thing..

Your installation is simply failing due to the method (web installer) you're using.  This method is unreliable and shouldn't be used. 

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

Message 14 of 22
natasha.l
in reply to: nicholas.post98

Hello @nicholas.post98 

@Mark.Lancaster

I will edit this for you. 

Message 15 of 22
Cookie.MCs

Hi, Is there any way one can bypass the virtual agent for a seamless and quicker installation of 3Ds Max? I work on a Mac platform, had no problems installing Parallels Desktop and then installed Windows 10. I had issues with installing 3Ds Max via the install now option. The usual window with errors came up. Upon 'researching'  I discovered this forum and found that that process is plagued with issues so now going through virtual agent, which still hasn't solved anything. It keeps cutting out my internet connection, and the process takes hours and then I still get an error message with: 'Extraction is complete. Installation could not be started. Please launch the installer manually.'

Is Windows 10 not compatible with 3Ds Max 2016? 

I really need 3Ds Max 2016 on my computer but it seems to not be happening.

Much appreciate  assistance.

Message 16 of 22
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Cookie.MCs

HI @Cookie.MCs,

Welcome to the Community.

With Windows 10 now being incorporated in Parallels Desktop, 3ds Max is no longer officially supported on Mac. Here's the link to the article for more information: Apple Macintosh is no longer supported for Autodesk 3ds Max

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 17 of 22
Cookie.MCs

Hi Jeffrey, I did state that I'm using my Mac as a PC via Parallels desktop. How could one use the Windows operating system on a Mac without boot camp or parallel?
I know that 3Ds Max is not supported by the Mac platform, so you're not telling Me something that I don't already know.
Would you please re read my initial question. Thanks.
Message 18 of 22
Cookie.MCs
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi Jeffrey, I did state that I'm using my Mac as a PC via Parallels desktop. How could one use the Windows operating system on a Mac without boot camp or parallel?
I know that 3Ds Max is not supported by the Mac platform, so you're not telling Me something that I don't already know.
Would you please re read my initial question. Thanks.

Message 19 of 22
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Cookie.MCs

@Cookie.MCs

Since the installation didn't start automatically have the extraction finished..  Just go to the place where you extracted your files to and run the setup.exe from there.  However you may not have the proper rights and that's why it couldn't start the installation.   Just right mouse click on setup.exe and run as administrator.  Good luck.

Mark Lancaster

Message 20 of 22

I have this same problem, but I can't get ava to prompt the download

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report