Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2013 won't run; Bad Image

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
msphoa
2503 Views, 5 Replies

3ds Max 2013 won't run; Bad Image

After installing 3ds Max 13, I'm unable to run and it pops up with an error saying:

C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

My PC is an Alienware X51 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555

Attached is the screenshot of the error message as well as the installation log. Really need help as I need this program for school. Thanks to anybody who can help! Smiley Wink

EDIT: Uploaded the files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: msphoa

There has been success on solving this issue by deleting the file and then reinstalling DirectX.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Often times the file exists in the System32 folder, the Wow64 folder, and the root of the Autodesk application itself.  Might just do a search to get em all.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
msphoa
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I tried but the same error message keeps appearing

Message 4 of 6
msphoa

Went on and found a .dll that was hiding. Thanks for the solution! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: msphoa

Excellent.  Thanks for following up.  Hopefully this will help the next user with this issue.  It helps to have a good database of solved solutions because this one is sometimes a pesky one for people. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
s3420013

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem with revit 2014, even though the program was running perfectly fine before. I'm running windows 7 on parallels off a Mac. I've done a search for the file name and numerous files come up. Do I need to delete all of these and reinstall directX?

Please see images attached. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report