Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 In-product sign-on requires browser

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
johnfielden
312 Views, 3 Replies

2024 In-product sign-on requires browser

In products prior to 2024, signing in to your Autodesk Account displayed a dialog box.  Now in 2024 products that has changed, launching a web browser to complete the sign-in process, then redirect back to the product.  This is a problem in our organization.  We're running virtual machines through VMware Horizon, and access to browsers has been removed for security reasons, meaning we cannot sign in to 2024 products.

Even after installing 2024, prior versions still display the dialog box - only 2024 products launch a browser.

If I use a previous version to sign in, all pre-2024 products will recognize that sign-in.  However, 2024 still launches a browser and requires an additional sign-in.

How can we restore the previous sign-in method that does not require a browser?  Surely there are other organizations and government agencies that remove browser access, experiencing this same problem.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: johnfielden

2024 lists a browser as a minimum system requirement:

Browser Chrome, Edge, or Firefox
Connectivity Internet connection for license registration and prerequisite component download

FYI.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
johnfielden

Yes, as does every previous version of Revit.  But I can sign-on and fully use all previous versions without a browser.  This is an uncommunicated change in the sign-on process that will affect organizations who restrict browsers.

Further communication with my reseller and Autodesk has indicated that our only recourse is to resort back to network licenses.  We just completed the switch to user-licenses in March, not because we wanted to, but because Autodesk is forcing it.  Then they change the sign-on process without communication.  Now they tell us the only workaround is to go back to network licenses, which have been retired.

Frustrating, to say the least.  But after using Autodesk products for 30 years, I shouldn't expect anything less.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

I do not disagree.  But you're right.  Autodesk does allow for NW license exceptions for cases like yours.  It is very annoying.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report