Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 3ds max trial version

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2500 Views, 2 Replies

2018 3ds max trial version

1. I have an ACADEMIC 2018 update 4 3ds Max license on a workstation.

2. Where can I get trial versions of 2018 3ds Max update 4?

I want to put them on nodes of a render farm which requires unactivated 3ds max for Backburner.

Autodesk only has 2019 trial versions available for download. The 2019 academic version is not yet available.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Try AVA:

www.ava.autodesk.com

Browser Download

3DS Max 2018 (2.9 GB) - Part 1 | Part 2

And you can do the 30 day from that ...

3d 1.png3d 2.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

The Autodesk website has multiple download areas which makes it confusing.  Once logged into my account, I can go to products, and download the version using download manager instead of web browser,

Autodesk tech chat agent said that trial, commercial, and academic versions are all the same software. The license is the only thing that differs. So downloading and installing product from the account, he said, would be the same as downloading a trial version.

We'll see what happens when installed on each render node!

I do have to thank Autodesk for providing free software to Educators. Contrary to popular belief, we don't make mega bucks. The online chat agent didn't throw me off once I said that I had an academic license.

In comparison, I have to pay Adobe a reduced fee to use their software which amounts to 12 x 29.99/mo = $360/yr. Used to be able to BUY software and that was it! Imagine, over 10 years, I've spent $3600!  But, do get the latest, greatest versions, without upgrade cost or decisions.

Thanks, Sir, for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report