Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 deploy not working after location change

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
CADmgrMike
299 Views, 8 Replies

2017 deploy not working after location change

I had a IDSP2017 deploy setup and working flawlessly.

We copied all the data to a different location so we could propagate it better between offices.

I revised all the pertinent files to look at the new location, but now it errors out and doesn't work.

The deploy quits early on when trying to install AutoCAD Core 1017.

Log files are attached.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: CADmgrMike

Here is your error:

Failed to open the file:\\ppeng.com\pzdata\IDSP2017\Img\x64\acad\Program Files\Root\tbb.dll

Is this the right UNC path now?  Does the file exist?

Might double-check that.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
CADmgrMike
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, that path and file exist.

I checked that.

Thanks.

Mike Porter
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Does this fail the same way one more than one machine?  If so, it could be a corrupted move.  If not, then the .NET Framework on the problematic machine could be the cause. 

Moving a deployment can be tricky because of sharing, rights, and pathing changes.  Deployments used to be required to make network installations, but that is no longer the case.  Rather than trying to spend time diagnosing the issue, you'd almost certainly have better luck either rebuilding the deployment or installing fresh from the Virtual Agent.

It's really up to you how you want to proceed.  Personally, I'd make a new deployment.  It only takes a few minutes.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @CADmgrMike,

I agree with @TravisNave many issues can be resolved by creating a new deployment if the deployment itself seems to be the issue. 

Let us know how it goes!

Message 6 of 9
CADmgrMike
in reply to: TravisNave

It fails the same way on several pc's, so we're recopying the data.

It may have gotten corrupted somehow.

And we did have some permission rights that may/may not have been fixed.

But remaking the deploy isn't going to happen.

It took me several months of trial and error to get it to work silently and do all the updates with no errors.

If I can't figure it out, we'll just install from the original location.

Mike Porter
Message 7 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @CADmgrMike,

Ahh I see. Keep us posted if you run into an issue then. Thanks for responding back.  

Message 8 of 9
Darin.Green

@CADmgrMike

Give the everyone usergroup FULL permissions to the share and sub-files and directories. Next, clear out the users temp directory (%temp%) then try the installation again from the deployment.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 9
CADmgrMike
in reply to: Darin.Green

After re-copying the data, it appears to be working correctly now.

something must have gotten corrupted in the original copying.

Mike Porter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report