Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install 3ds max 2008 anywhere anymore

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kirkrk
794 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to install 3ds max 2008 anywhere anymore

After a crush of SSD disk  on my computer I am no more able to install my copy of 3ds max 2008 anywhere.   

Once I try to install it on the same pc( new disk) or any other pc, even where it have never been installed before, I immediatly get a message "Your licence has expired. You can no longer use this product"   The same beeing internet connected or off.

Reseller I bought Max from is telling me they need a request code and they would be able to generate a new license for me or something and it would be ok and perfectly possible.  But  I can't force Max to start in demo/trial mode  to get this code.    Loooks like  a kind of time limitation is coded inside installer itself.

Max 2008 still perfectly suits my needs ( gamedev) and all this looks like a dirty trick to force me into buying an upgrade.   Please somebody tell me it's not.  It's not what I woudld expect from Autodesk.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: kirkrk

its probably because of this: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/hotfix-autodesk-3ds-m...

try this hotfix

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
kirkrk
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you very much, Darren.  It does work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report