Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Heating/Cooling Loads - No HVAC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ayezioro
2449 Views, 4 Replies

Calculate Heating/Cooling Loads - No HVAC

Hi,

Is there a possibility of defining what in EnergyPlus is called IdealLoadsSystem.

I'm just interested in getting the Heating/Cooling loads without defining any specific HVAC system.

Thanks,

-A.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mstein7484
in reply to: ayezioro

The loads calculated by Green Building Studio are independent of the HVAC system chosen.

Currently the loads are easily viewed in Revit/Vasari (which are powered by the GBS simulation tool) Results & Compare windows.

GBS's new Project Solon feature will allow you to build customizde reporting of energy simulatjion results, including heating & cooling loads. It is currently in the alpha phase and demonstrates these features as read-only. In upcoming releases you'll be able to apply the custom report charts to your projects.

Or, alternately, you can download and review the gbXML file from the GBS downloads page. All of the energy results are available in the gbXML file.

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 5
ayezioro
in reply to: mstein7484

Thanks for your answer Marjorie, I'll check it later, but right now what i'm really looking for is the EnergyPlus (idf) file in order to perform some definition changes in the building while still calculating just the loads. This process is part of a research i'm doing now and it is very important to have this possibility. So do you think or know it is possible? Thanks again, -A.
Message 4 of 5
ngerasim
in reply to: ayezioro

May be I'm wrong but there is no full analog of Ideal Systems in DOE. And all calculations it GBS are based on complete HVAC models, you can easily see it in eQUEST. If you choose "no heating and cooling" in your project template it will lead to literal absence of any systems except DHW in your project. All another calculations consider particular equipment and results are different for different HVAC systems.

Message 5 of 5

@2540wiparat

Since you keep repeat this same verbiage in other posting, I don't think you really need anything..  You're only here hoping someone will click on your link..  If you truly had an issue you would give more details..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report